Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Study: 420,000 Illegal Immigrants Live in Houston Area

Study: 420,000 Illegal Immigrants Live in Houston Area

Last Edited: Wednesday, 16 Jul 2008, 3:07 PM CDT
    Created: Wednesday, 16 Jul 2008, 3:02 PM CDT

HOUSTON -- Do you know an undocumented resident? A new Greater Houston Partnership study suggests that one in every 12 to 13 residents in the Houston area is an illegal immigrant.

The study estimates the unauthorized population in the 10-county Houston metro area is approximately 420,000. About 117,600 are children, 124,000 are women and 178,000 are men.

Furthermore, the regional economy includes about 250,000 unauthorized workers, or one in 10 of all Houston-area employees, according to the study. The study suggests their contribution to the Houston Gross Regional Product is about $27.3 billion.

A residual method was used to calculate the numbers, according to the study. Officials subtracted the estimated legal immigrant population from the local foreign-born population, and assumed the remaining population are unauthorized immigrant residents.

The study did not include residents of Austin, Brazoria and San Jacinto counties, according to the study.
    http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/pollP44Question
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Houston is just like California. It is every nationality though, you hear every language being spoke but english. I used to enjoy visiting the Houston-Baytown area. Not anymore.
    "We are being destroyed from within"

Study:

I think that number is a LOW estimate. Many illegals prefer to live outside Houston in the rural areas. I have seen an explosion in the Hispanic population, just north of Houston, in the last 5-7 years.

The study suggests their contribution to the Houston Gross Regional Product is about $27.3 billion.
    The terminology they use is a tad shady. I think that's how much they claim the illegals spend, not how much they contribute in income tax. Spending about $10000 per year isn't exactly a huge feat.

I also noticed they didn't mention how much Americans contribute in comparison. Is it perhaps because such a comparison would illustrate how little illegals contribute?

Sanctuary city at its best

Re: Study:

Quote Originally Posted by Texan123
    I think that number is a LOW estimate. Many illegals prefer to live outside Houston in the rural areas. I have seen an explosion in the Hispanic population, just north of Houston, in the last 5-7 years.
    I think the number is low too. Closer to 1 million is probably more realistic.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Imaging what that is costing the taxpayers....evidently they don't care about the cost eh!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)