Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Supermarket Forced Out Non-Hispanic Workers, Settles Lawsuit

Compare Foods Supermarket Forced Out Non-Hispanic Workers, Settles Lawsuit
    Posted by: The Watchdog in Quality of life, Racism, Jobs
    News Record.com

CHARLOTTE (AP) — A supermarket has agreed to pay a total of $40,000 to three former employees who accused the store of discriminating against non-Hispanic workers.

The former employees filed the complaint last year, saying they were forced out of their Compare Foods jobs in 2004 because they were not Hispanic. Two of the employees were black and one was white.

Compare Foods lawyer Phil Van Hoy said the company treated the workers fairly, arguing that a company with lots of Hispanic customers is allowed to have employees that can communicate with them.

Equal Employment Opportunity Commission attorney Lynette Barnes said Compare couldn’t prove that it was necessary job qualification to speak Spanish or relate to Hispanics. The company agreed to the settlement in federal court this week.

The grocery store chain was founded in Freeport, New York, and now has 50 supermarkets in seven states.
    http://www.immigrationwatchdog.com/?p=5692
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I went to walmart at about 12 oclock at night while visiting in dallas,texas about 3 years ago.The store was filthy and whenI went to get rung up no one would come wait on me dispite ii employees around,all speaking spanish.I asked them to come over and got no response.I found a manager at the service desk and told him that if I did not get waited on, I would file a discrimination lawsuit when I got home.HE told them in spanish to wait on me .I thought I WAS IN ANOTHER COUNTRY AND TO THEM I GUESS I WAS.

they still have not learned-whenyou go to thier website,in the left hand corner - it says super market to cater to hispanics www.comparesupermarkets.com read it-by the way does anybody know how you make it where the website like the one I put on by clicking from here?