Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Suspect arrested in 1994 slaying of model in North Las Vegas

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stori ... 10243.html

Today: June 07, 2006 at 16:1:51 PDT

Suspect arrested in 1994 slaying of model in North Las Vegas
    By KEN RITTER
    ASSOCIATED PRESS

NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nev. (AP) - A man wanted in the 1994 shotgun slaying of a one-time Miss Nevada beauty pageant competitor has been arrested at the Mexican border, police said Wednesday.

Joseph Villezcas, 28, had been living as a Mexican citizen under an assumed name in Hermosillo, a town in Sonora, said Officer Tim Bedwell, North Las Vegas police spokesman.

Villezcas fled to Mexico shortly after the slaying of 25-year-old Tara Cleveland, who was shot to death on her way home from work, Bedwell said.

Mexican authorities turned Villezcas over to a joint FBI-North Las Vegas police fugitive apprehension team late Tuesday at the border town of Nogales, Ariz., he said. Villezcas was being held in the a Santa Cruz County, Ariz., jail pending extradition to Nevada.

Bedwell called the arrest the result of dogged investigation and pressure on the Mexican government to recognize that Villezcas was a U.S. citizen.

"Because Mexican authorities determined he was an American citizen, they extradited him on the active murder warrant," Bedwell said.

Villezcas and another man, Fernando Garcia Valenzuela, now 30, had been sought in a warrant issued in Clark County in December 1996. Police believe Valenzuela, a Mexican citizen, is living in Mexico.

Cleveland was shot in the face Dec. 17, 1994, when she followed a car and confronted a driver after his vehicle struck hers, according to police.

Cleveland, who had worked as a model and was runner-up in the 1994 Miss Nevada USA pageant, was found dead in front of a home in North Las Vegas. Her car was found near a highway in Searchlight, about 50 miles south of Las Vegas.

"I've been waiting for such a long time," said Cleveland's mother, Vicki Cleveland, 57, who broke into tears when reached by telephone at her Veterans Administration job in Las Vegas. "I'm sad for what happened to my child, but I'm glad that I can probably get her some kind of justice."

Vicki Cleveland said her daughter, one of eight children, was attending the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and competed in the beauty pageant with hopes of winning a scholarship.

"She was a straight-A student," the mother said. "She wanted to practice entertainment law as an attorney. She could have made a great contribution to this world."

Bedwell said police believe Villezcas and Valenzuela took Cleveland's car and drove toward Mexico. The slaying had been featured on the crime show "America's Most Wanted."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Great another criminal off the streets.
    Las vegas now has 20% hispanic population.
    Many of them are illegals in the constuction and gambling industry .
    Others are LA transplants (no problem with the legal ones)
    By damaging us, you damage yourselves!

http://www.siliconeer.com/past_issues/2 ... form_1.jpg

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://www.klastv.com/Global/story.asp? ... 2&nav=168Y

Click Here to Watch Video

Arrest Made in Old Las Vegas Murder Case

June 8, 2006, 04:34 PM

The mother of a one-time Miss Nevada beauty pageant competitor broke into tears when
    she learned of the arrest of a suspect in the 1994 slaying of her daughter.

Vicki Cleveland says she wants justice for the death of her daughter, 25-year-old Tara Cleveland.

Police have arrested 28-year-old Joseph Villezcas. He was turned over to the FBI and North Las Vegas detectives late Tuesday night at the Mexican border.

More than 11 years ago, a local family lost their young daughter. Cleveland, a model and Miss Nevada runner up was shot and left for dead. Her accused killer fled across the border.

"Even after justice is served, that's not going to bring her back and that's what I want. I want her back here. This should not have happened," said Vicki Cleveland when she talked with news reporters back in 1994 after her daughter was gunned down.

It happened just days before Christmas on Dec. 17, 1994 when Tara Cleveland was involved in a hit and run accident. Cleveland followed the other car and tried to confront the two men. One of them shot her.

"They then took her car and fled probably trying to get to Mexico. The car didn't make it all the way and they had to abandon it," said Tim Bedwell, North Las Vegas police.

At that point, the trail went cold. "Everyone loved my daughter she had lots of people that loved her we just won't stop until we find out who has done this," Vicki Cleveland said shortly after he daughter's murder.

Police did identify the two men who had fled to Mexico. Joseph Villezcas tried to say he was a Mexican citizen, but on Tuesday night he was handed over to the FBI.

"It's been frustrating," Bedwell said. "This was a terrible crime." Bedwell hopes the arrest will help bring the family the closure they have been waiting for over the past decade.

Joseph Villezcas is now in Arizona awaiting extradition back to Nevada. The man that was with him the night of the murder, 30-year-old Fernando Valenzuela is still in Mexico. He is a Mexican citizen and police are still trying to work with Mexican authorities to bring him to justice.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I knew this guy, met him once at his party. I couldnt believe he was using fake name, around there he was named Carlos and no one noticed anything unusual about him. He is very nice person, it actually made sense who he is. He is just piece of cowardice sh$#.

Quote Originally Posted by Csan06
    I knew this guy, met him once at his party. I couldnt believe he was using fake name, around there he was named Carlos and no one noticed anything unusual about him. He is very nice person, it actually made sense who he is. He is just piece of cowardice sh$#.
    Welcome to Alipac Csan06. Did the guy act like someone that was on the run? Suspicious behavior etc.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&