Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Suspect in hit-and-run that left two in critical condition believed to have entered t

Suspect in hit-and-run that left two in critical condition believed to have entered the country illegally

David Sentendrey
    Mon, October 23, 2023 at 9:39 PM EDTˇ2 min read

DALLAS - The man arrested for a hit-and-run accident in Dallas that left one of the victims with devastating injuries is believed to have entered the country illegally.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement want 41-year-old Gilberto Salas Guerra held at the Dallas County Jail so he can't bond out.

Guerra has been charged with five counts of collision involving injury or bodily harm.

25-year-old Alan Tienda, one of the victims in the crash who was knocked unconscious, got a chance to see his crushed 2019 Dodge Charger for the first time since the crash.

The car was T-boned in the hit-and-run crash at East Kiest Boulevard and South Marsalis Avenue.

Tienda and his wife survived, but were sent to the hospital in critical condition.

"I don’t remember how I got to the hospital. I don’t remember nothing," he said.

Tienda spoke with FOX 4 over the weekend after Salas Guerra was arrested.

Police say the 41-year-old ran a red light and crashed his 2012 Ford F-150 into the couple's Dodge Charger before abandoning his truck and running away on foot.

"I didn’t think they were going to find him, like, honestly didn’t," said Tienda.

According to the arrest affidavit, the F-150 is registered to Salas Guerra and his Mexican passport was left in the truck.

A detective made contact with Salas Guerra's ex-girlfriend who told police he called her the night of the accident. He allegedly told her he was involved in a crash and needed a ride.

"You always gotta think about what you do before you do the things," said Tienda.

The Dallas County Sheriff's Office says there is a federal illegal immigration hold on Salas Guerra. That means he's unable to post bond.

U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement has not responded to FOX 4's requests concerning details of Salas Guerra's immigration status.

A records search reveals his criminal history, which includes four traffic violations.
    One is a conviction of driving without a license in 2019.

"Then you gotta face your consequences," Tienda said.

Tienda had bleeding to his brain and other injuries.

His wife had a broken pelvis, shoulder and head injuries.

She remains in the hospital.

Still, Tienda is grateful they're alive and around to take care of their two boys.

"I thank God for giving me another chance and everything," he said. "I just thank him so much for giving me another chance to be here alive, to keep going forward and to be here for them."

According to the arrest affidavit a passenger in the suspect's truck also took off running, but Dallas Police say no additional arrests have been made at this time.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/suspect-h...013907691.html

ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

These SOB's put all our lives in danger.

He should not be on our soil, should not own a truck, and should not be driving on our roads!

This family will be paying thousands in medical bills and suffer for this for years!

Deport every damn one of them out of here!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL