Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Taco Bell's strange anti-Mexican sarcasm.

In Michigan we are getting Taco Bell drink combos that come with a contest. If you enter and win, you get one million in pesos (around 90,000 American dollars) and you become "El Presidente" of Taco Bell. The rules note sardonically that "El President" does not assume any official duties for Taco Bell. I saw these drink cups with those contest rules appear around the same time Vicente Fox was touring the US (in my opinion, looking over his new American ranch to see why his new US "peasants" are stirring up trouble...) Another disturbing thing: the graphic showing the winner looks like a cartoon of a thirty something male who is wearing a fast food uniform and smiling ecstatically that he has won a million pesos.

Anybody else here getting these same disturbing images?

See:

http://www.becomeelpresidente.com/home.php

Haven't seen them in this area.

That really is wierd.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Quote Originally Posted by xanadu
    Haven't seen them in this area.

That really is wierd.
    I am going to enter. Imagine if I won!

I would turn the whole thing into a circus. Since I can speak Spanish, although poorly, the first thing I would do is travel to Mexico and start giving speeches. I would challenge Vicente Fox to a debate. I would talk about how I am more qualified to be president of Mexico since Taco Bell is probably richer than most Mexican corporations. Taco Bell would flip, but they wouldn't be able to reach me once I am out of the United States.