Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tampa Police: Drunken Illegal Immigrant Killed Pedestrian

TBO.com

Published: February 15, 2009

Related Links

Nightclub Incidents

Alex Perez-Escalante
    TAMPA - A teenager leaving a nightclub on Armenia Avenue was arrested Sunday morning, accused of driving under the influence, striking and killing a pedestrian then driving away, according to a Tampa Police Department arrest report.

Alex Perez-Escalante, 18, was charged with DUI manslaughter, leaving the scene of a crash involving a death and having no valid driver's license. According to a criminal arrest affidavit, Perez-Escalante is an illegal immigrant and has no known local address.

Tampa police give this account of what happened at 3:09 a.m. outside of the Palladium nightclub, 5302 N. Armenia Ave.:

Perez-Escalante got into an argument with patrons inside the club and was hit in the head with a bottle. He left the club and crossed the street to get his 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe.

As he pulled out of the parking lot, someone outside of the club fired shots at him and threw glass bottles at Perez-Escalante's sport utility vehicle. As this happened, Perez-Escalante lost control of the SUV and hit a pedestrian who was walking in the parking lot and pinned him against the outside wall of the nightclub.

The pedestrian, whose name was not listed in arrest reports, was not involved in the incident inside or outside the Palladium. The pedestrian died at the scene.

Perez-Escalante then drove south on Armenia Avenue and parked the SUV behind a building on the 4600 block. He continued to walk south on Armenia when officers found him and questioned him.
    Perez-Escalante was being held Sunday night without bail at Orient Road Jail.

MORE FROM THIS CHANNEL
    • Johnson Wins Pebble Without Hitting A Final Shot
    • Economy Forces FHSAA To Halt Steroids Testing
    • Florida High School Boys Basketball Poll
    • Sen. Nelson Shocked By Conditions At Federal CourthouseTOPICS IN THIS ARTICLE
    tampa police department • armenia ave • chevrolet tahoe • alex perez • illegal immigrant • sport utility vehicle • escalante • driving under the influence • glass bottles • manslaughter • palladium • pedestrian • affidavit • parking lot • patrons • sunday morning • chevrolet • crash • teenager Reader Comments

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/feb/15 ... used-pede/

My question is how does an 18-year old illegal afford an SUV? Selling drugs perhaps?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My question is.....why is an 18 year old in a bar and drinking????????
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad
    My question is.....why is an 18 year old in a bar and drinking????????
    I ask the same question, but I am also wondering why the bar did not call the police and why someone else had a loaded gun and was firing it even after the kid was leaving the bar?

I am afraid this is what the police are going to want to know. There is a whole lot more to this than meets the eye...

and again it would not have happen if the illegal alien was not in a country he should not have been in.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Unnamed victim of a drunk 18 year old.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)