Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tancredo Asks Ron Paul for Clarification

IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    December 19, 2007
    Alan.Moore@TeamTancredo.org
    F. 703-255-9875
    O.703.255.9898
    C.303-332-8279

Letter written on behalf of Ron Paul calls for an end to assimilation, supports pathway to citizenship, and calls the Minutemen “racistsâ€
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Well I have to believe all of this is taken out of context as I have read for months now that Tancredo and Paul are very close friends. They agree on everything, outside of the Iraq war. I even thought at one point that Paul/Tancredo might be a ticket.

I even thought at one point that Paul/Tancredo might be a ticket.
    Let's hope that's still a possibility.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Not out of context at all. The guy is apparently hispanic and trying to convince hispanics to vote for Ron Paul. Typical political pandering.

The url is included for the letter in the original post.

Sometimes I really wonder if this is all worth it, if this nation itself is worth it anymore. There is so much influence in our government anymore I wonder if it can be fixed.

Now, is this written by a former staffer or current staffer?

I could understand a former staffer with an ax to grind. If it is a current staffer, it raises my eyebrow........why would they make such untrue statements attributed to their boss if they valued their job? Why would they do such a thing knowing it could harm Mr. Paul's chances?

Until there is more information, I'm afraid that this is going to....and rightfully so......raise serious questions in the minds of a lot of folks.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Now, is this written by a former staffer or current staffer?
    The person is not a former staffer or current staffer and doesn't seem to be related to Ron Paul in any way. He's a lawyer in Connecticut. Lew rockwell.com publishes letters like this from various people-- I saw one written by a New Jersey professor at my friend's college, and that guy didn't know Ron Paul, either. He was just a fan.

The letter seems to be a bit of a misguided attempt to get support for Ron Paul from Hispanics-- not a bad aim, but the guy needs to stay with the truth next time.

I would like Ron Paul as President and Tancredo as the head of the ICE

Why would they do such a thing knowing it could harm Mr. Paul's chances?

Why, indeed?

I always look behind the curtain and wonder what is really being said and why.

Perhaps they are concerned that Ron Paul might actually be in the running. He is one of 3 who are steadfast in their stance on this issue.

So, if this person can write a letter intimating Ron Paul is a 'friend of the illegals' - it could possibly make people think twice about Paul.

Some are already doubting him - based on this letter.

I suggest, no matter who your candidate, don't take anything at face value when it comes to outside endorsements or denouncements.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    So, if this person can write a letter intimating Ron Paul is a 'friend of the illegals' - it could possibly make people think twice about Paul.
    Exactly.

This 'Letter' is clearly one mans opinion. He clearly states:

What are Ron Paul's ideas to reduce the number of illegal immigrants? 1) Oppose amnesty; 2) cut welfare benefits; and, 3) reform the immigration laws.

Although I personally support amnesty as an emergency measure to forgive the hard-working taxpayers who live in our country illegally, I can still fully support Ron Paul as a man who will defend the rights and liberties of men, women and children who enter this country for a better life. That is after all, why we Hispanics have come to America and have so wonderfully contributed to the melting pot.

Now it seems to me the author is talking to Legal Hispanics. JMO

Could be -