Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April

Tancredo Assails Bush Immigration Plan (updated)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Carlos Espinosa
    January 23, 2007 202.226.6997

Tancredo Assails Bush Immigration Plan
    Slams "Tone Deaf" White House for Ignoring Overwhelming
    Public Opposition to Unpopular Plan

(Washington, D.C.) – U.S. Representative Tom Tancredo (R-CO-06) said tonight about George W. Bush’s State of the Union speech where the President revealed his“comprehensive immigration plan.”
    “The President certainly got his wish when he campaigned this past cycle, and did everythinghe could to guarantee a Congress sympathetic to his ‘amnesty for all’ plan,” said Tancredo, Chairman of the Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus. “I am disappointed but notsurprised that the President has once again chosen to trot out this same old pig – albeit one with a slightly new shade of lipstick. If there is one thing this President seems intent on demonstrating to the American public again and again, it is that he is utterly tone deaf.

”Tancredo added, “The President and his new Democratic allies in Congress seem hell-bent oncramming this mass amnesty down the throats of the American people whether they want it or not,” Tancredo continued. “As for promises of enforcement, one or two high profile raids are not proof of a commitment. What we are looking for from the administration is the same degree of energy expended in the enforcement of our immigration laws as they used to seek out a drug dealer in Mexico, so he could be brought back to testify against border patrol agents who were trying to do their job,” concluded Tancredo.

The Congressman and other members of the Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus will comment further on details of the President’s immigration plan at a joint press conference tomorrow (1/24) morning at 10 AM ET in 441 Cannon. Congressmen Tancredo, Gary Miller (CA-42), Sam Johnson (TX-03), Phil Gingrey, M.D. (GA-11), Ed Royce (CA-40), Virginia Foxx (NC-05), Virgil Goode (VA-05), Walter B. Jones (NC-03), Marsha Blackburn (TN-07) and other Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus Members are expected to attend.

At that time we will provide a detailed list of what the President can do today, and could have done at any time during his tenure if he was, or is now serious about immigration reform.
    # # # #

http://tancredo.house.gov/Media/2007.01 ... 20SOTU.pdf

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I have to admit, it does make me fell a little better to have these people working in the way they are. Personally, right now I want to sit down and cry. I wonder, if Bush goes through with this devastating plan, what will happen to this country.

I am in no way giving up, but it is just sickening to see that we voted in a dork (I had a different word for him, but it would have be moderator edited anyways!) for president, who has the attention span of a two year old, hell bent on doing what he is going to do no matter what.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    AmericanElizabeth wrote:

I have to admit, it does make me fell a little better to have these people working in the way they are. Personally, right now I want to sit down and cry. I wonder, if Bush goes through with this devastating plan, what will happen to this country.
    I completely understand how you are feeling and maybe a good cry would help. Bush is insulting everyone's intelligence on more than one issue. Perhaps this outrageous behavior on the presidents part, will help the apathetic and those in denial to finally wake up. A very loud outcry is needed from ALL Americans that this is not going to work MR. Bush. Back off and listen for a change! This is still America and we elected a President not a Dictator!

God Bless Ton Tancredo and his determination to stand up for the American people.

April
    Update:

Press Releases :: January 24, 2007

Carlos Espinosa 202.226.6997

Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus Members

http://tancredo.house.gov/press/PRArtic ... ewsID=1253

( Washington, D.C. ) – Representative Tom Tancredo (R-CO-06) held a press conference this morning with members of the Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus today, leading calls for President George W. Bush to shelve his 6-year old amnesty proposal. The President pitched the broad-based amnesty once again during last nights State of the Union address – in what seems to have become an annual occurrence.

“The President certainly got his wish when he campaigned this past cycle, and did everything he could to guarantee a Congress sympathetic to his ‘amnesty for all’ plan,” said Tancredo, Chairman of the Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus. “I am disappointed but not surprised that the President has once again chosen to trot out this same old pig – albeit one with a slightly new shade of lipstick. If there is one thing this President seems intent on demonstrating to the American public again and again, it is that he is utterly tone deaf.”

Congressman Dana Rohrabacher (CA-46) said, “The President may end up getting a majority of Members on his side, but the majority of Americans will be in vast opposition and that’s whose side I’m on. ‘Comprehensive’ is just a code word for amnesty which will encourage millions more illegals to come here.”

“While I support all efforts to strengthen border security, I will oppose all attempts to grant illegal aliens amnesty. This includes the president’s proposal for a temporary guest worker program, which is nothing more than a pathway to amnesty. We should not give illegal immigrants a reward for coming to this country unlawfully. The security of our nation is too important,” Congressman Sam Graves (MO-06).

“The President’s proposed immigration reform plan outlined in his State of the Union speech last night is the wrong approach to the current immigration crisis our nation currently faces. First and foremost, we must secure our borders and end illegal entry into the ,” Congresswoman Virginia Foxx (NC-05). “We are a nation of laws and we must follow the rule of law. To grant amnesty and a path to citizenship for illegal aliens would only invite more to violate our laws and infiltrate our borders. This was a failed policy in 1986, and I am confident, if enacted it would fail now.”

Congressman Gary Miller (CA-42) said, “While I am pleased that the President is supporting Congressional efforts to crack down on employers, these proposals cannot be combined with a guestworker plan. I believe the President’s proposal to legitimize millions of illegal aliens is deeply misguided and wrong for . We must not enact policies that will reward lawbreakers with amnesty--this includes giving illegal immigrants guestworker status.”

# # # #

What we should tell congress when they pass these comprehensive immigration laws is, who ever votes to repeat 1986 or amnesty (pathway to citizenship) and if it doesn't work this second time we will deport you and all of your families, post haste out of this country to never set foot here on our soil again. period. you can go where ever you want but it must be out of the country you deserted in the time of need!!!
    I'll bet with these options votes would be much different.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    I bet they would as well, SOSADFORUS.