Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Tancredo Critical of U.S. Citizens Voting in Mexican Electio

http://www.californiachronicle.com

Tancredo Critical of U.S. Citizens Voting in Mexican Election
    Congressional Desk

July 3, 2006

The Oath of Citizenship Ought to Mean Something."

WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Representative Tom Tancredo (R-Littleton) today criticized participation in the recent Mexican presidential election by U.S. citizens. According to recent news reports, several thousand Americans of Mexican descent may have voted in the weekend election.

"Doesn't anyone take the oath of citizenship seriously anymore?" said Tancredo.

The oath reads, "I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen...and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

"In becoming a U.S. citizen, foreigners take an oath explicitly foreswearing allegiance to all other nations. It almost goes without saying that this should preclude voting in a foreign election," said Tancredo.

"Dual citizenship and dual voting undermine the very foundations of community and society and ought to be prohibited," said Tancredo, "This makes no sense at all. The only elections that American citizens ought to be voting in are American elections."

Tancredo expressed similar sentiments last year after The Washington Post reported that American citizens - including second-generation American citizens - were permitted vote in the Iraqi election.

"It's disappointing so many people would choose trivialize their oath of citizenship by voting in a foreign election during the week of Independence Day - the week we celebrate the birth of America," said Tancredo.

"When a foreign national takes the oath of citizenship to become a naturalized citizen of the United States, he immediately acquires equal rights with all native-born citizens of our country. But with equal rights come equal obligations," concluded Tancredo "The oath of citizenship ought to mean something."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Brian, So important!

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen...and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."
    "When a foreign national takes the oath of citizenship to become a naturalized citizen of the United States, he immediately acquires equal rights with all native-born citizens of our country. But with equal rights come equal obligations," concluded Tancredo "The oath of citizenship ought to mean something."
    Tancredo is right. I saw in another article posted here...can't find it right now, where a man going back to vote, said that even if a person immigrates, he still doesn't stop "caring for his country". My thought was, then he should be in "his country...Mexico". Not here.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

According to recent news reports, several thousand Americans of Mexican descent may have voted in the weekend election.
    I can tell you for fact that they sent reps into the city of El Paso, TX soliciting votes and they started last spring. Whichever one it was that Fox wants to win is the one they were pressing people to vote for. Now I expect they will demand recriprocal voting privileges in our elections in exchange.

Personally, I think that any US naturalized citizen who voted in Mexico's elections should lose his/her citizenship. These people want their cake and eat it too and I'm getting sick and tired of them.

But I am glad that someone called them on it. Go Tom Tancredo!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I saw on our local San Diego news, loads of buses full of Mexicans going to Tijuana to vote. They all spoke (through translators, of course) about how much they love Mexico, even though they live here, and how much they care about the future of Mexico. Well, if they love Mexico so much and care about its future, then gee, I don't know, maybe they should LIVE THERE!!

I am sure these were the same people who were marching in the streets waving Mexican flags, screaming how they just want to be Americans. These people make me sick, I agree with Tom Tancredo, either you are an American, totally and fully or you should leave. But these Mexicans just want to live here as Mexicans and get all the rights and priveliges of being American, all the while maintaining their loyalty to Mexico.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

Were there enough American votes to determine the outcome?

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Amen to that!!!! They're screaming RIGHTS but forget the OBLIGATION part. It makes a mockery of voting for any country that allows that. Might as well post it on the net and have a world wide vote and debate. But it's the citizens left to live in the choices that are made so no one but the citizens should have a say.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Coto
    Were there enough American votes to determine the outcome?
    I haven't heard. It's the principal of the thing. Why would an American feel they had the right to vote in another country's election and if the illegals wanted to vote, they should have stayed in mexico, not invaded the USA.

JuniusJnr wrote:

Personally, I think that any US naturalized citizen who voted in Mexico's elections should lose his/her citizenship.
    I agree ! Their oath of allegiance means 'reap the benefits' whenever and wherever you can. They obviously don't object to LYING! Swearing lies, disgusting!!!
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

"Doesn't anyone take the oath of citizenship seriously anymore?" said Tancredo.

The oath reads, "I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen...and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

"In becoming a U.S. citizen, foreigners take an oath explicitly foreswearing allegiance to all other nations. It almost goes without saying that this should preclude voting in a foreign election," said Tancredo.
    Gosh. This is criminal. Taking advantage of American citizenship when there are people from all corners of the earth who would give anything for a chance to have it. I just thank God that my parents instilled in me the understanding of how fortunate I am to be an American.

I will NEVER take that for granted, and I know that my children will not either.

I will NEVER take that for granted, and I know that my children will not either.
    You and me both LUSC.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast