Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Tancredo: McCain, Giuliani would be disastrous for GOP

Tancredo: McCain, Giuliani would be disastrous for GOP

'I will do everything I can to make sure those 2 names are not the only options'

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=53039

Posted: November 22, 2006
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
    © 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

PALM BEACH, Fla. – With political junkies looking ahead to the 2008 presidential race, two of the names often mentioned as leading contenders for the GOP nomination – John McCain and Rudy Giuliani – are being called "disastrous" for the Republican Party by Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo.

"Both of those individuals, of course, would be disastrous for us for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is their position on immigration, which is to open the border," Tancredo told WND in an exclusive interview. "I will do everything I can – whether I'm a candidate for president or just as a member of Congress – I will do everything I can to make sure those two names are not the only options that people have."

Tancredo, the author of "In Mortal Danger" championing the need to secure America's borders and enforce immigration laws, says he is getting closer to his own run for the presidency, calling it a "distinct possibility."

"As I've said before, if no one rises to the bait maybe – and that bait being the immigration issue – if no one will take it on, I guarantee you I will do it. Right now, I have not seen anyone who I think can go the distance who has taken that on. I'm telling you it certainly looks more and more like that's a distinct possibility. And I'm not being coy, I just don't know for sure. We have to take a careful look at it because for one thing, you don't want to hurt the issue itself. You do not want to have a problem with doing it, and if you don't do well, then people will say, 'Look, if Tancredo didn't do well in X state, that means that the issue is of no great value.'"

Tancredo was in South Florida joining the likes of media giants Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter at a four-day event called "Restoration Weekend." The gathering was hosted by the David Horowitz Freedom Center.

Among the factors going into Tancredo's decision on a bid for the White House is the amount of funds he can raise.

"That's unfortunately a big part of this business," he said. "You have to make sure you have enough money to actually get the job done, [or] at least make a good showing. So, there's a lot to think about. It's not just, 'Oh, I think I'll run for president tomorrow.'"

In the wake of this month's election where Democrats regained control of both houses of Congress, some analysts have said Republicans did not stress border and immigration issues enough.

But Tancredo responded, "You listen to some of the pundits, and they will tell you the reason we lost was because we did stress immigration, or at least try to. But the reality is that every place where you could vote on a specific and discreet immigration restriction, people voted for it. The reason why we lost the election was George Bush, Iraq, scandal. Those things and that individual cost us the election. If we had done it correctly, we would have tried our best to make immigration the issue; but, of course, you can't do that if the president is not on your side."

As WND reported, Tancredo blasted President Bush, saying the commander in chief believes America should be more of an idea than an actual place.

"People have to understand what we're talking about here. The president of the United States is an internationalist," Tancredo said. "He is going to do what he can to create a place where the idea of America is just that – it's an idea. It's not an actual place defined by borders. I mean this is where this guy is really going."

MW
    "I will do everything I can – whether I'm a candidate for president or just as a member of Congress – I will do everything I can to make sure those two names are not the only options that people have."
    Sounds good to me - we'll take you at your word on that Mr. Tancredo.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Gosh it's refreshing to hear "straight-forward" talk.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I will do my part in my neck of the woods to see that Tancredo is elected!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    "I will do everything I can – whether I'm a candidate for president or just as a member of Congress – I will do everything I can to make sure those two names are not the only options that people have."
    Sounds good to me - we'll take you at your word on that Mr. Tancredo.
    Sounds good to me too. They definitely aren't good choices!
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Looks like TANCREDO is definitely testing the waters now!

He's been everywhere these past 2 weeks, speaking his mind.

This is definitely a positive sign

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I feel like Tancredo is our only hope. Hunter would be great, but Tancredo has the name recognition now.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    These is fighting words! It sure sounds like Tancredo is willing to give us another option. I wrote to him months ago and told him I was standing by ready to campaign for him if/when he declares.