Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tancredo: Newsom a “Rogue Mayor”

Tancredo: Newsom a “Rogue Mayor”
    By Eunice Moscoso | Wednesday, April 25, 2007, 11:17 AM

Rep. Tom Tancredo, a Colorado Republican who is running for president, said Tuesday that San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom is violating federal law by refusing to cooperate with immigration raids.

In a letter to embattled Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, Tancredo said that Gonzales has an opportunity to “regain the confidence of the public by taking action to make sure that this rogue mayor doesn’t make a mockery of our justice system.”

Earlier this week, Newsom said that San Francisco police officers and other city employees will not help federal agents in rounding up and deporting illegal immigrants.

“I will not allow any of my department heads or anyone associated with this city to cooperate in any way shape or form with these raids,” Newsom declared, according to the Associated Press. “We are a sanctuary city, make no mistake about it.”

Tancredo said that so-called “sanctuary city” policies are illegal.

“Now that Mr. Newsom has made it crystal clear that he intends to flaunt federal law, I would like to know what actions the Justice Department will take to enforce compliance,” Tancredo said.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/ ... ewsom.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Any bets on whether Gonzales takes any action?

“We are a sanctuary city, make no mistake about it.”
    Illegals there you are......go where you will be honored and cheered for breaking the laws of the United States of America.

What more could you ask for than an open invitation from the mayor no less!
    He will roll out the red carpet, give you jobs and free health care!

And the hills are nice too.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

“Rogue Mayor”
    Tom's being entirely too kind.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Any bets on whether Gonzales takes any action?
    Only if my bet can be on the NO ACTION!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    “Rogue Mayor”
    had_enuf wrote:

Tom's being entirely too kind.
    Yes, I could think of much better words to describe him!

San Francisco is a huge tourism city.

Since I can be assured that this city is full of illegal criminals who might be driving drunk, without licence, without insurance and with no accountability, I fully intend to avoid this city and spend no time or money there. I will also tell anyone who will listen what I am doing and why. AND I intend to call the hotels, the restaurants especially those arounnd the wharf and pier 39 and museums etc and tell them that I am boycotting their city and encouraging others to do the same until the change their policy. Now, one person alone has no pull but if enough people do that, then the businesses will get scared of losing tourism dollars and they will pressure the mayor to do something. And if they don't, then I will stay home or go spend my vacation money elsewhere!

April
    Good for you, Proud!

Ya don't give them any of your money Proud they wll just give it to the illegals San Fran. don't deserve it.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Mayor Newsom plans to run for governor in 2008 so guess which ethnic group he is pandering to with his sanctuary BS. Politicians like him are nothing but prostitutes and anyone with an IQ greater than their shoe size would vote him out of any elected office.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast