Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

[quote=" We have got to get ALL Americans behind this cause! when speaking to my Democrat friends about supporting Ron Paul they all say the same thing "We are going for Hillary or Obama cause Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance and we don't want to switch party affiliation" what to do????[/quote]

Your friends are idiots! You vote for the best person, not the 2nd best? Hillary, Obama and Ron Paul are a million miles apart???? I like H & O too except, and it's a HUGE except, their immigration and healthcare policies.
    I just switched to Republican from Independent, to vote in the caucus for Ron Paul. Then I'll switch back.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

The only problem I have with this "superhighway" hype is the fact that it is, in fact, I-35. Eisenhower envisioned this network of interstate highways and it has taken 50 years to build it.

The Mexican trucks have a short hop (a matter of a couple blocks) from the border bridges in El Paso to I-10. I guess because I-10 has been there for years and years people don't seem to get so upset about it. I know that Canadian trucks, which are safe enough to be on the road, have been on our highways for years now. Nobody seems to have a problem with them and the President himself stalled off the Mexican truckers who thought they were going to bring unsafe vehicles into this country. NAFTA, not I-35 is the problem child!

Something about the "Superhighway" hype annoys me because it is more fiction than fact and I get sick and tired of politicians making mountains out of mole hills. If Ron Paul wants to fight to stop I-35 att he border and close it off to all but foot traffic, that would be different. But to make it look like it is being built specifically to bring crap from Mexico to Wal mart is nonsense!

Emminent domain, is another scapegoat. The power company took a 30 foot swath of my property in NC to run power lines. If they hadn't, I wouldn't have had electricity. People around me have had the roads widened in front of their homes and lost part of their front yards. This didn't all happen yesterday. if this hadn't happened, we wouldn't be able to get out of our driveways for half an hour any time we wanted to go somethere. It has always been the law that people could be asked to give up their property to build roads, schools, fire stations, etc. In fact, I had a close friend who had to move in the 1950's because emminent domain forced them to sell out to build a firehouse. Prior to that, others in the same general area had to move because they were building a bridge. The fact is, the people almost always receive fair market value for their homes except when the power company takes the land to erect poles and lines. Then you just can't use your own property or build on it becasue you obstruct access to the power lines.

So, I'm sorry, I just can't get all upset over emminent domain-- something that has been in existence all over the world for as long as I've been alive. At least in this country they pay the people for their property.

Now, if they make people give up their homes to build a shopping center becasue some developer wants his shopping center there, or make people give up their homes because they want to build more expensive homes because the rich people want to live there, it's worth fighting over. But the highways have been in the planning stages for 50 years or more and the "superhighway" happens to be one of those roads. It's I-35 now and it always was.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Red China Opens NAFTA Ports in Mexico
    by Jerome R. Corsi

Posted: 07/18/2006

The Port Authority of San Antonio has been working actively with the Communist Chinese to open and develop NAFTA shipping ports in Mexico.

The plan is to ship containers of cheap goods produced by under-market labor in China and the Far East into North America via Mexican ports. From the Mexican ports, Mexican truck drivers and railroad workers will transport the goods across the Mexican border with Texas. Once in the U.S., the routes will proceed north to Kansas City along the NAFTA Super-Highway, ready to be expanded by the Trans-Texas Corridor, and NAFTA railroad routes being put in place by Kansas City Southern. Kansas City Southern’s Mexican railroads has positioned the company to become the “NAFTA Railroad.â€
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234