Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Tancredo unsure if immigration measure can be blocked

Tancredo unsure if immigration measure can be blocked

http://www.radioiowa.com/gestalt/go.cfm ... D7CF1C9D5D

Monday, May 14, 2007, 11:44 AM
    By O.Kay Henderson

Republican presidential candidate Tom Tancredo is unsure he and others who oppose what they call "amnesty" for illegal immigrants can stop an immigration reform bill President Bush is backing. Tancredo, a congressman from Colorado, says there is a slim chance America's labor unions could become an ally in the fight because illegal immigrants are getting jobs in union-dominated fields.

"People don't just stay...and work in the hotel and restaurant industry. All of a sudden they're moving up into especially the construction trades and that begins to change the opinion of a lot of the unions," Tancredo says. Later this week, the United States Senate is expected to begin debate on an immigration reform measure that would include some sort of "path to citizenship" for the illegal immigrants currently living here.

The Bush Administration and key Democratic and Republican leaders in congress are still negotiating over the details and Tancredo expects unions to back the expected compromise. "I would love to have the unions actually work for the interests of their own members and, more importantly in a broader context, (for) the benefit of the United States, but I don't know that it's going to happen," Tancredo says.

Tancredo campaigned in Iowa this past weekend and is scheduled to speak to the Scott County Republican Women luncheon in Davenport today.

JAK
    See: Television Appearances
    http://tancredo.house.gov/press/press_tv.shtml

We need this man for president!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Money again, it is looking like the root of all evil for the people of the united states,
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

"I would love to have the unions actually work for the interests of their own members
    This could make all the difference.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

April
    SOSADFORUS wrote:

Money again, it is looking like the root of all evil for the people of the united states,
    The love of money is the root of all evil and we have some people in power that love it alot more than they love America!

If they actually pass this garbage i'm seriously thinking of moving to Canada. This measure is opening the floodgates of illegals with dynomite and turning the America i grew up respecting into a new mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude
    If they actually pass this garbage i'm seriously thinking of moving to Canada. This measure is opening the floodgates of illegals with dynomite and turning the America i grew up respecting into a new mexico.
    WELCOME DUDE!!!

The problem with that is Canada is no better off than we are, it is time to stand and fight for our country, its the only thing left, theres nowhere else to go!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

MW
    SOSADFORUS is right, Canada is having its problems with illegal immigration too:

[quote]Illegal Immigration Finally Means Something
    Ottawa has finally taken a harder stance on “illegal immigrationâ€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn