Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tancredo won't initiate Bush impeachment

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=46098

INVASION USA
    Tancredo won't initiate
    Bush impeachment
    Congressman says action not necessary if his immigration bill passes
    Posted: September 2, 2005
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Ron Strom
    © 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., dismissed the suggestion of prominent columnists to introduce a bill of impeachment against President Bush for lack of border enforcement, saying his immigration reform bill will do what is necessary to stem the flow of illegal aliens into the U.S.

This week, WND columnists Patrick Buchanan and Joseph Farah called for legislation to begin the impeachment process due to, as Buchanan wrote, Bush's "conscious refusal to uphold his oath and defend the states of the Union against 'invasion.'"

Wrote Farah: "President Bush has had nearly five years in office to honor his oath of office and enforce immigration laws in this country.

"He has not only failed, he has intentionally neglected this sworn duty, instead claiming he prefers to promote a vague immigration 'reform' plan that involved a 'guest worker' program that has served as an encouragement to the most massive influx of illegal immigration this country has ever seen. "

Despite Tancredo's consistent criticism of the president's record on border enforcement, he says a better solution is to pass legislation instituting more stringent regulations on employers of illegal aliens and thus reduce the demand for illegal workers.

"The best thing to do is to see what we can accomplish," Tancredo told WND in a telephone press conference. "There are great many factors playing on our side," stressing the pendulum is swinging toward those who seek definitive action to deal with the nation's porous borders.

Said the congressman: "Right now, I'm kind of hopeful. Things are moving our way, and I don't think anything like [an impeachment bill] is necessary to keep this momentum going."

Tancredo says if Congress passes stringent legislation, the pressure will be on the president to enforce it.

The Colorado lawmaker told reporters Republican leadership in the House has indicated an immigration bill will be considered this year. The question is what form it will take.

Long an outspoken leader on the issue of illegal immigration, Tancredo is offering his own bill, H.R. 3333, the REAL GUEST Act of 2005. Besides stepping up enforcement at the border, the congressman's bill includes a provision requiring employers to use a now-voluntary "insta-check" program to verify the legal status of potential employees. A bill by Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz., also makes the program mandatory, but, unlike Tancredo's measure, only for those newly hired.

Besides Tancredo's legislation, there are two prominent reform bills in the Senate – Kyl's and the McCain/Kennedy bill – and Bush has indicated he will have a detailed plan ready for consideration at the end of this month. The president has focused on a guest-worker program that critics say amounts to amnesty for illegals.

"My bill is a comprehensive piece of legislation that takes into consideration the needs of labor by creating a guest-worker program," Tancredo explained, "but that program can only go into effect once certain requirements are met in terms of securing our border and reducing the number of people in the country who are here illegally."

Tancredo says the key to solving the problem is cracking down on employers who hire illegal aliens.

Explained Tancredo: "If we can stop the employment of people who are here illegally, a huge part of this problem goes away."

The congressman says his approach will remove concern about the high cost of rounding up and deporting those illegals currently in the U.S.

"You will find people by the millions, frankly, will return to their countries of origin," Tancredo said. "If they do not have a job and do not have access to social-service benefits, there really aren't any option."

Tancredo noted the issue of illegal immigration "is reaching critical mass in this country. Something will happen … to force this nation to come to grips with this problem."

Referring to Bush as having an "open borders" approach, Tancredo decried the fact that current immigration laws regarding employment are not being enforced by the executive branch.

"The laws are on the books," he said. "Is there anyone out there that believes there are no aliens in this country working illegally?"

He says the laws not being enforced should either be repealed, or the government should "actually enforce them."

================================================== =====

With all due respect, I disagree with Tom on this one. The only way we are ever going to get our borders secured and our immigration laws enforced is to impeach Bush. It doesn't matter what immigration bill you propose Mr Tancredo. If your even remotely lucky enough to get it passed, Bush will either unfund the provisions or flat out ignore the provisions altogether. So what is the point of getting your legislation passed if we damn well know Bush won't enforce it? Remove this nation wrecker from office and replace him with someone who will secure our borders and enforce our immigration laws.

Please Mr Tancredo, you must seriously reconsider this.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Dman, you're right. President Bush has had five long years to correct his negligent ways. The American people called out and called out to him regarding illegal immigration, and he has IGNORED the people of this country for the sake of his own personal agenda. He has even refused to discuss this issue in any way whatsoever other than his own one-liners and in his now famous stubborn manner.

He has abused his position of authority by conciously ignoring the voices of the majority of the legal citizens of this country. He has turned his back on the fact that so many Americans have been physically harmed and even killed at the hands of people who are in this country illegally.

I voted for this president, and it gives me no joy to sit here and write this, just as it gave me no pleasure to post an article on the news section of ALIPAC of another American calling for his impeachment. When I voted for George W. Bush in 2004, I never thought things would come to this.
    But I have seen too much danger surround our country as a result of his negligence. I have three children, and I cannot allow myself to ignore what I am convinced is the truth.

I also join you in hoping that Congressman Tancredo will reconsider his decision regarding this. We can write him and call his office. I'm sure it is an awful position to have to be in, as it's awful just being a citizen and being afraid of how our country will survive three more years of this, and calling for the impeachment of a president. It's awful for everyone. But it may be the best possible thing for our country. I do not trust Dick Cheney at all, because of what I've come to see. But at least he will be "on notice" from the beginning.

Our country must be protected and the legal citizens of this country must TRULY be the priority of any U.S. president. We can not be placed second, third or fourth on a president's priority list, which is apparently where Mr. Bush has us.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would love to see Bush humiliated with impeachment but nothing would change if Cheney took his place.