Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Target Puts English Only Signs in New Development...

Now the members of the Washington elites can shop in their own neighborhood without being inundated with illegals and Spanish only speakers. This is going to drive the Razas and ACLU crazy!

Target Store Puts English Only Signs In New Development - Area Latinos Claim Ethnic Cleansing, Racism
    By Digger

A new Target store in Columbia Heights in Washington DC decided to only put English signs in its store. Woe the backlash from the community who sees this as racist and being against Latinos who are demanding bilingual signs. Hmmm, OK let's take their argument a little further. Why not trilingual signs? I mean if this isn't about race from their side then all the signs should be in every language, not just a second copy in Spanish only. Right?

The arguments in this article at Campus Progress (an oxymoron if any there were for an article on economic progress being slowed by race baiters) would have you believe that this a white conspiracy to impose ethnic cleansing on the community. That the owners of Target hate Latinos and that they'll soon be loaded onto cattle trains for the gas chambers.

Despite the fact that Columbia Heights has a high Spanish-speaking population, the store has no bilingual signs. Given the demographics of Columbia Heights, Target’s decision sends a clear message: This store is for the new Columbia Heights, not the current Columbia Heights. ...

That's right, the trains are lining up. They'll be dropping off rich white people and exporting poor Latino people.

The absence of bilingual signs in the new Target (which has enshrined its interior with red-and-white framed displays of cheerful multiethnic people) is disconcerting given the store’s immediate vicinity. According to the D.C. Office on Latino Affairs, nearly half of the District’s Latino community lives in Ward One, which includes the neighborhoods of Columbia Heights, Mount Pleasant, and Adams Morgan. ... The Office of Latino Affairs also estimates that one in three Latinos in the District has difficulty with English. The neighborhood around the new Target abounds with Latino culture. ... 14th St. NW immediately to the north contains numerous establishments with almost exclusively Spanish signage. ...
    They really would like Target to have exclusively Spanish signs. That is evident, but they can't come out and say that. So instead they say a lack of Spanish anywhere is racist. I'd also like to point out that they say that only 1/3rd of Latinos in the area have difficulty with English. So the reality is that they want to perpetuate Spanish. Spanish speakers, according to them, are too dumb to look down an aisle and see whether it contains mops or canned foods.

Target’s signage is fodder for community activists who say that the Target and other new stores are being built mostly for the sake of Columbia Heights’ future residents, not its current ones.
    There they go again with the "round 'em up" conspiracy statements.

What do the "Latino community leaders" (note that they aren't American community leaders, but those who only care about Latinos not Americans as a whole) have to say? What do those in ivory towers - who probably don't even live near this run-down community - have to say?

... “They have a responsibility to the community. A large portion of their clientele is Latino,â€

If this is true I am loving it!!!!

Target’s choice to only display signs in English
    English ONLY or only english? There is a big difference.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

So true, so true.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[b]... “They have a responsibility to the community. A large portion of their clientele is Latino,â€

GOOD FOR TARGET! Maybe NOW people will learn to speak and read English.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How accommodating indeed! I mean we must have everything written in Spanish. All items sold in the store must have everything written in Spanish on it as well because, you know, a bilingual employee there couldn't possibly help you if it's not written in Spanish on the can or on the sign.
    What's funny is so many, from reports I've read...are illiterate in their own language anyway. It could all be in Spanish and they still can't read it. That's why they require the "must speak Spanish" as well.

I loved it when the guy from Philly with his sub-shop promoting speaking English.......how can you be offended with a sign in English when you supposidly don't know what it says?

This is English cleansing because more than "white" people speak English here......don't know too many non-Latinos who speak Spanish. They are using their language as the new racism. One way or another they are blocking everyone out of the picture but them.

We have a ton of different ethnic people in this area.....why stop at Spanish? Arabic, korean, Chinese, German, Polish etc. don't shop? Their money is less valuable than the hispanics? Their "needs" don't need to be met too? There's a few who are doing extreemly well and have more money to spend than most. Lets cater to them as well!!!!!!

Anyone seen that commercial advertising jobs on TV? They are playing tennis and then all of a sudden they let everyone out on the court and it's a mass of confusion. That's what our country is going to be like if we don't nip it in the bud now. Cave into Spanish and you may as well honor all other languages and cultures. They deserve the same thing the hispanics do. Bi-lingual, tri-lingual, quad-lingual......bring it on.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

More businesses need to step up to the plate and knock a home run like this one. I would consider it a grand slam if everyone did this!
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!

I am making a copy of this...and bringing it down to my local Target and giving a copy to the manager....praising them for doing this....Every little bit of feedback helps!!!!!! ...
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I like that idea grandmasmad. I want to do that too. We have a brand new Target, opened a couple of weeks ago. I am not sure about the signs there, but suspected illegal aliens are working on the new center. The Chattanooga, TN ICE Office will not come to investigate on tips by the public or law enforcement in many recent cases it is alleged. This area is abandoned it appears by local ICE agents and people are now resorting to other means to contact ICE, such as phoning in tips to New Orleans and elsewhere. Management matters and Chattanooga ICE needs new management. Drowning in illegals and looking for help. Hopefully, a shake up will occur.

Ephesians 4:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast