Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TB-tainted man crosses border 76 times

http://washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 70103/1002

TB-tainted man crosses border 76 times

By Sara A. Carter and Audrey Hudson
    October 17, 2007

A Mexican national infected with a highly contagious form of tuberculosis crossed the U.S. border 76 times and took multiple domestic flights in the last year, according to Customs and Border Protection interviews and documents obtained by The Washington Times.

The Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agency was warned by health officials on April 16 that the frequent traveler was infected, but it took the Homeland Security officials more than six weeks to issue a May 31 alert to warn its own border inspectors, according to Homeland Security sources who spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of retribution. Homeland Security took one more week to tell its own Transportation Security Agency.

Multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR) is a highly contagious illness and also resistant to the two most commonly used drugs to treat TB. It is the same dangerous strain of tuberculosis that concerned health officials when Andrew Speaker, a 31-year-old Atlanta lawyer, slipped into the U.S. from Europe via a flight to Canada.

A physician with the CDC says that they usually only notify flights that are eight hours or longer that passengers could have potentially been infected. But other physicians say the disease can be transmitted within minutes — especially in persons with lowered immunity — and recommend anyone coming in contact with this contagious illness seek medical attention.

The infected man identified as Amado Isidro Armendariz Amaya made at least one more trip across the U.S. border on May 21, where he applied for an I-94 visa to extend his stay in the U.S.

Roger Maier, spokesman with El Paso CBP, says the delay for issuing a "be on the lookout" (BOLO) alert to stop the man at the border was caused by the traveler's use of an alias.

For updates on this story, check tomorrow's editions of The Washington Times or www.washingtontimes.com.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just remember if someone has active TB the only need to be breathing or simply talking to infect you...people think they have to be coughing ...that is far from the truth...you could be in the grocery line and ...and someone in front or behind you with active TB is spreading the germ to you That is why they screened people for TB...before you start working in some places...and before you immigrate here legally...sad part is you will not know, you have be exposed until you are screened...
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

That's right redbadger. We can thank our greedy employers and our government for not protecting us. If enough of us get it we need to do a class action suit against the government for not enforcing immigration law and protecting us.

We need to sue the sanctuary cities like I'm in also.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I used to work with TB... infection control....it can be very bad...one person can infect hundreds...and if the person does not finish treatment ...then they run the risk of developing a super TB bug...a drug resistant bug....to share with the unexpecting multitudes
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

duplicate thread

Can you give the link to the other thread? I don't see another one here.

This thread you started first GOGO Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:05 pm but then the other was one min. later
    Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:06 pm

PS I just heard the CDC said the infected man would not infect the others on the flight unless the flight was 8 hours long ...that is and they are LIARS...THat is a DANG LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I started one in General Discussion just to give the link because it was breaking news on Fox but it really is suppose to be in News Stories so I put the main thread in News Stories. Some people are still putting news stories in General Discussion.

I did that at first too until Dixie let me know. I just want a cross reference for new people.

Laura Ingraham was all over this story this morning. It's just incredible. And this "Mexican national" (i.e., illegal alien) was doing this while Bush was supposedly securing the border with the National Guard etc. This shows how the border is basically still wide open, and how little credibility Bush has on border security.

Call the Senate: NO Dream Act Amnesty !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast