Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Teen gets 4 years in slaying of rival gang member

http://www.alipac.us/article-441--0-0.html

Teen gets 4 years in slaying of rival gang member in Lake Worth

By Missy Stoddard
    Staff Writer
    Posted June 1 2005

Guillermo Trujillo was a follower who had only recently been initiated into the gang life when he participated in the fatal drive-by shooting of a rival gang member last summer, defense attorney Robert Gershman said.

Circuit Judge Krista Marx sentenced Trujillo, 17, on Tuesday to four years in prison followed by two years of probation for his part in the shooting that killed Ricardo Andres, 14, and wounded two bystanders, including a 9-year-old boy. Trujillo was ordered to sever any gang ties and to testify truthfully against any codefendants.

Marx sentenced Trujillo as a youthful offender, lessening the amount of prison time he could have received. Gershman said he thinks the judge agreed to the plea deal because Trujillo has cooperated with authorities from the beginning.

Last week, one of Trujillo's codefendants, Francisco "Little Paco" Garcia, received a 15-year sentence on similar charges, including being an accessory to first-degree murder and two counts of being an accessory to aggravated battery with a firearm.

The alleged triggerman, Miguel Lemus-Flores, is thought to have fled to Mexico, according to Lake Worth Detective Eric Stull.

Trujillo, Garcia and three other members of the Sur 13 gang piled into a Ford Explorer on July 14 and cruised the streets of Lake Worth in search of anyone belonging to the Makin' Life Krazy -- or MLK -- gang, according to court documents.

Garcia drove and Trujillo sat in the front passenger seat, Stull said.

Lemus-Flores allegedly opened fire on Andres as he smoked a cigarette outside his family's home on North F Street, police reports say. A 17-year-old was shot as he ran away and a bullet grazed the 9-year-old in the arm. Andres was struck five times.

Trujillo helped Lemus-Flores dispose of the 9mm handgun, according to Assistant State Attorney Ettie Feistmann.

The other two men in the vehicle are not being charged and are assisting the state in the case, Gershman said.

Andres' father, Pasqual Andres, attended Tuesday's hearing, expressing disappointment at the plea bargains for Trujillo and Garcia.

"I'm still very hurt," he said. "I don't want the deal. I want all of them to face longer life in jail. My son is already gone and I'm just here to speak for him."

Pasqual Andres said he came to the United States from Guatemala 20 years ago and is now a United States citizen. Though he knew his son was in a gang, Andres said he didn't worry too much about it because the teens often hung out at his home where he could supervise what they were doing.

Well......my my.

This is a ridiculous sentence that does not properly punish this man who has already tried to murder 4 people.

In 4 years, possibly 2.5 years on good behavior, he'll be back out on the streets with the gang and killing in your neighborhood!

I believe in fair sentences and second chances.....but this is a celebration sentence, a victory for gangs.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

teen gets 4 years

That all a life is worth now?! I don't care how young this person is, he needs to get the book thrown at him. He knew what he was doing!
    If someone believes he can be rehabilitated in prison of all places, you are dreaming! Prisons are all full of gangs.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn