Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Teenage Illegal Immigrant Crosses Border To Get Abortion. Now It’s Up To A Judge If S

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Teenage Illegal Immigrant Crosses Border To Get Abortion. Now It’s Up To A Judge If S

Teenage Illegal Immigrant Crosses Border To Get Abortion. Now It’s Up To A Judge If She Can

Posted By Grace Carr On 10:51 AM 10/11/2017

A judge is deciding Wednesday whether the state of Texas must help a teenage illegal immigrant get an abortion — a case that could have serious ramifications.

Even though the 17-year-old illegal immigrant received a judicial waiver allowing her — a minor — to get an abortion, the officers detaining her refuse to take her to an abortion clinic American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) lawyer, Rochelle Garza, told The Associated Press on Tuesday. She refused to make public the girl’s name or country of origin, citing privacy reasons.

“I feel like they are trying to coerce me to carry my pregnancy to term,” the girl told a federal court earlier in October, explaining that she was taken to a crisis pregnancy center instead of an abortion clinic.

The ACLU backs her claim, insisting that the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) violates her rights by preventing her from getting an abortion.

The ACLU’s original lawsuit posited that the HHS violated the First Amendment by refusing the girl an abortion. Texas’ state attorney doesn’t quite see it the same way.

Illegal immigrants do not have a constitutional right to abortion, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said in a statement on Tuesday. Ruling in the girl’s favor “will create a right to abortion for anyone on earth who enters the U.S. illegally,” Paxton said. “And with that right, countless others undoubtedly would follow. Texas must not become a sanctuary state for abortions,” he added.

“As far as I’m aware, abortion is legal in this country,” Garza said in disagreement with Paxton. “Nobody has the right to force her to have a child against her will,” she added. Garza did not indicate whether the girl would pay her own abortion or whether the state would cover it via emergency funding if the judge rules in her favor.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/11/te...ge-if-she-can/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Really Ken? Have you deported her yet? Or are you a fake and using your position to foster anchor babies? Is this your contribution to stopping illegal immigration, laying the law down on pregnant girls while your state is the number one running road for the drug cartels and all the scum, scourge and poison they haul in here? Disgusting. Get that girl to a clinic she wants to go to and then haul her ass back out of here.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Really Ken? Have you deported her yet? Or are you a fake and using your position to foster anchor babies? Is this your contribution to stopping illegal immigration, laying the law down on pregnant girls while your state is the number one running road for the drug cartels and all the scum, scourge and poison they haul in here? Disgusting. Get that girl to a clinic she wants to go to and then haul her ass back out of here.
    Are you actually saying the girl does have a constitutional right to an abortion on American soil? Sort of hypocritical, don't you think? I know you've said in the past that illegal aliens have no constitutional rights in our country.

The Texas Attorney General doesn't have the authority to deport an illegal alien. The federal government needs to deport the girl and her unborn child ASAP. Her pregnancy issue is between her and Mexico. It's not our problem and she should receive no benefits here in America, including an abortion. I think Governor Gregg Abbott and AG Ken Paxton are doing a great job in Texas. While it's not the states job to secure the border, they've went above and beyond what is expected to do so.

You're obviously looking at this as a woman's rights issue, while I'm looking at it as a states effort to prevent giving benefits to illegal aliens. I say good on AG Ken Paxton!
    Last edited by MW; 10-11-2017 at 01:36 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Deport her now and her unborn child.

Let her take care of it on her soil.

People cannot just come here ILLEGALLY and get medical treatment...go to hospital on your soil.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Are you actually saying the girl does have a constitutional right to an abortion on American soil? Sort of hypocritical, don't you think? I know you've said in the past that illegal aliens have no constitutional rights in our country.

The Texas Attorney General doesn't have the authority to deport an illegal alien. The federal government needs to deport the girl and her unborn child ASAP. Her pregnancy issue is between her and Mexico. It's not our problem and she should receive no benefits here in America, including an abortion. I think Governor Gregg Abbott and AG Ken Paxton are doing a great job in Texas. While it's not the states job to secure the border, they've went above and beyond what is expected to do so.

You're obviously looking at this as a woman's rights issue, while I'm looking at it as a states effort to prevent giving benefits to illegal aliens. I say good on AG Ken Paxton!
    If she brought money to pay for an abortion, time is of the essence, get her to the clinic she was headed to, allow her the time for the procedure, just takes a few hours, wait outside the door if you want, and then return her to wherever she came from.

It's common sense.

I'm confused on what the State of Texas has to do with it. The federal agency DHHS has custody of her, they're the ones who took her to a pregnancy crisis center to waste time trying to talk her out of an abortion against her will.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    Deport her now and her unborn child.

Let her take care of it on her soil.

People cannot just come here ILLEGALLY and get medical treatment...go to hospital on your soil.
    It might be illegal in her country or portion of the country where she's from. That's probably why she came here. I hope the judge lets her have her abortion in exchange for voluntary immediate deportation thereafter. She doesn't need to go to a hospital, she just goes to a clinic for a few hours. Very simple. Very inexpensive, she probably has the money for it which is why they aren't saying one way or another, so this would be much cheaper than detaining her, we've already spent more taxpayer money on the whole mess than what an abortion costs. Feds can and should move her out of Texas. They can move her anywhere in the country including back to Mexico or wherever she's from.

MW
    Judy wrote (excerpt):

If she brought money to pay for an abortion, time is of the essence, get her to the clinic she was headed to, allow her the time for the procedure, just takes a few hours, wait outside the door if you want, and then return her to wherever she came from.
    Something tells me she expects the state of Texas to pay the bill. If not, why didn't the lawyer just say she planned on covering the cost herself?

Garza did not indicate whether the girl would pay her own abortion or whether the state would cover it via emergency funding if the judge rules in her favor.
    Forcing the state to pay the bill would amount to a state funded government benefit. No benefits for illegal aliens and no rewards for crossing the border illegally!
    Last edited by MW; 10-11-2017 at 08:35 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh...so the Judge will let any pregnant parasite come here and have an abortion...and then just load her up on a bus to the border?

I call BS on that.

Ship her out of here now.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Judy wrote (excerpt):

Something tells me she expects the state of Texas to pay the bill. If not, why didn't the lawyer just say she planned on covering the cost herself?

Forcing the state paying the bill would amount to a state funded government benefit. No benefits for illegal aliens and no rewards for crossing the border illegally!
    Oh for crying out loud, she's not even in Texas custody, she's in federal custody and we've been paying out the nose since she was picked up for her detention costs including "pregnancy crisis center" costs. Wake Up.

Texas has nothing to do with this. She's in federal DHHS custody, turned over to them by Border Patrol as an unaccompanied minor, the same as they do with every illegal alien under the age of 18.

And frankly anyone in the US has the right to an abortion. That is our law and thank God for it. She already has the judicial waiver for the abortion as a minor. DHHS screwed up not taking her to an abortion clinic to complete the procedure, seems to me.

What Paxton is pushing is promoting the birthing of anchor babies during illegal alien detention on top of forcing a pregnant girl into child birth against her will. He's wrong across the board this time.

DISGUSTING!!
    Last edited by Judy; 10-11-2017 at 06:59 PM.

Sorry Judy on this one.

I do not give a rat's patottie who has custody of her...not our citizen, no our pregnancy...not our problem.

So what if something goes wrong? She sues good old USA and the State of Texas!

No freaking way...boot her out now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast