Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A telethon to aid "migrants" due to the "Oran

Well don't this beat all!!!! You can be sure these efforts are going on all over the Valley. I've been hearing a lot of whining that the illegals aren't eligible for unemployment benefits so this is the way their getting around it! Disgusting! Send them home!

http://www.ksee24.com/Story.aspx?type=ln&NStoryID=6029

Orange Aid: Valley Freeze Relief Telethon
    Jan 23, 2007 - On Tuesday January 23, 2007 KSEE 24 News in conjunction with the Salvation Army, Community Food Bank, KMJ Radio, Super-Q, The Visalia Time-Delta and El Sol, Tulare Advance Register, Hanford Sentinel and KTIP Radio, broadcast the Orange Aid: Valley Freeze Relief Telethon and asked the Central Valley to come forward to help their neighbors affected by the recent freeze, and they didn't dissapoint.

During the telethon hundreds of Valley residents called in to pledge their support. Various businesses also stopped by the studios to make sizeable donations to the Orange Aid Telethon.

In addition to monetary donations, KSEE 24 News also asked people to make donations of non-perishable food items to the Communtiy Food Bank. There were 7 locations throughout the valley in Merced, Madera, Fresno, Visalia, Hanford, Porterville and Tulare.

At 10 p.m. the final dollar total was at $260,000, and food donations were estimated at 30,000 pounds, which Community Food Bank CEO and President Sarah Reyes said is equal to $240,000.

If you didn't get a chance to call in or stop by one of the locations you can also make an online donation to the Salvation Army or Community Food Bank.

All donations should be made payable to either The Salvation Army or the Community Food Bank.

Make a donation to the Salvation Army

Make a donation to the Community Food Bank

The following are links to the Community Food Bank and Salvation Army for more information on how people can obtain food or financial assistance.

Community Food Bank

Salvation Army

call me crazy but i dont see anywhere in the story that it says anything about illegals. im sure this is going to everyone who were effected by the freezes that have destroyed the citrus crops the past two weeks.

No it doesn't say so james but that's what it is. It's the pickers that are displaced. Sure the farmers are losing money but they're also insured.

one would hope that they are insured.
    i would not be surprised if one or two were taking chances and not insured.

plus if all the migrants went south for christmas. are we even sure they are back in the valley now. or would that citrus stay on the trees till spring?

I'm not sure how many go south for Christmas. Especially now that the borders are being watched more closely than in the past. They're here, I live in the Valley. they're everywhere. Recently there was an apartment fire, a bunch of illegal migrant workers living there were displaced. They had just come down from working in Washington a month or so before. The community did the same thing, collected food, clothes and money to relocate them. Some of the same organizations collected for them too. There are stories like this all the time. It's the relocating part that irritates me most, if people lose all their personal things it's fine to give them some food and clothes. But if they're illegal and you relocate them, relocate them home where they belong.

I don't know how much the state insurance covers for the crop damage for the farmers. But that's why Arnold declared a state of emergency about the citrus freeze, so the farmers could get help with federal programs too I'm sure.

Only good thing here is that's half a million not coming from taxpayers.

The fools who donated did so either because they wanted to or didn't know what they were giving to.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am a regular contributor to the Salvation Army but I may have to re-think future contribution

Quote Originally Posted by steelerbabe
    I am a regular contributor to the Salvation Army but I may have to re-think future contribution
    same here ,I give to the salvation army every year . I think what they are doing is good , However I am not going to donate anymore. I hate that its come to this . Thanks bUsH .