Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Tennessee Republicans Vow To Fight Illegal Immigration

GO TENNESSEE!!!!!!

Tennessee Republicans Vow To Fight Illegal Immigration
    Posted: Nov 09, 2010 3:30 PM PST
    2:46
    by Scott Arnold

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Tennessee Republicans have vowed to crack down on the problem of illegal immigration like never before.

After last week's election in Tennessee, state Republicans pretty much have the votes to pass what they want. Fighting the issue of illegal immigration is high on their agenda.
    With solid control of state government, Republicans are promising they will pass a number of immigration bills that Democrats once defeated.

Republicans said it's a possibility that illegal immigrants voted in last Tuesday's election and that's the basis of a bill being filed at the State Capitol this week.

"When you go to vote you provide a photo ID of yourself to prove you are who you say you are," says State Rep. Debra Maggart from Hendersonville.

Another Republican backed measure will require proof of citizenship, like a driver's license or birth certificate, when you register.

Democrats have stalled these anti-illegal immigrant ideas in the past. With Republicans now in power in the Senate and House, there could be more.

Yuri Cunza, with the Nashville Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, said this is all a waste of time and money.

He said keeping illegal immigrants away from the polls is ridiculous, because they're not even there.

"That is not what they are here for. They are here primarily because of the work opportunities which are no longer available anyway," said Cunza.

Republicans have prevailed in the past on similar issues, making Tennessee work environments "English Only."

In January, it's expected they'll crack down on companies that hire illegal immigrants. Although past legislative efforts haven't been successful, some wonder why state lawmakers would get involved with a federal issue.

Tennessee is part of a coalition of states that has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to uphold an Arizona law penalizing employers of illegal immigrants.

The court will hear arguments in December about the law that allows business licenses to be suspended or revoked when employers hire illegal immigrants.

Republicans may try to pass a similar law in Tennessee as well when they head back into session in January.

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=13474049

Best news I have heard all day
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yuri Cunza, with the Nashville Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, said this is all a waste of time and money.

He said keeping illegal immigrants away from the polls is ridiculous, because they're not even there.

If illegal invaders are not there, then you will not mind if voters must produce identification in order to vote! Further, I do not need the hispanic chamber of commerce giving me financial advice! Looks like Tennessee is about to run invaders out of that state!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

YOU GO TENNESSEE!! GO! GO! GO! We've got your backs.

We're going to pass a law in the US Congress and sign it into law between and and 2012 that specifically affirms and authorizes states to arrest, detain, fine and or incarcerate illegal aliens caught in their state and also to deport them, subject only to a state immigration hearing and verification of status through ICE.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    YOU GO TENNESSEE!! GO! GO! GO! We've got your backs.

We're going to pass a law in the US Congress and sign it into law between and and 2012 that specifically affirms and authorizes states to arrest, detain, fine and or incarcerate illegal aliens caught in their state and also to deport them, subject only to a state immigration hearing and verification of status through ICE.

way to go Tennessee
    now all the Other state do the same thing
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My Great Great Grandfather,Colonel David Hamilton Cummings,19th
    Tennessee,CSA,would be proud of the Tennessee Republicans!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by use2busmc
    My Great Great Grandfather,Colonel David Hamilton Cummings,19th
    Tennessee,CSA approves the above message!
    Right On!!

I was born and raised in Tennessee. I live in the northwest now but all my family still lives in Tennessee.

America is behind you Tennessee
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

OneNationUnderGod,

Colonel Cummings was from Anderson County,he was 42 years old at
    the time of the Civil War.He was a Lawyer/Farmer and had 18 slaves,his net worth was $ 64,000.I found out all this info from a book titled,
    Mountaineers in Glory,The Nineteenth Tennessee Volunteer Infantry Regiment,C.S.A.
    Go Tennessee!

I'm sure, with our progressive friends in CA, they will all come here. I think most are here anyway, but we will get the rest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast