The Terrorist Assistance and Facilitation Act (Comprehensive Immigration Reform)

Posted by Mike Cutler On December - 10 - 2009

Just yesterday I wrote a commentary about the value of United States citizenship not only to decent law abiding citizens of our country but also to a small group of terrorists and criminals who understand that the coveted United States passport that citizens of our nation are eligible to receive enables them to move freely across our nation, gain access to various jobs that may have national security implications and also provides them with the ability to move freely across our nation’s borders and often easily gain entry into other countries.

The commentary I wrote yesterday related to a United States citizen who exploited his citizenship in our nation by seeking to identify potential terrorist targets overseas. In that case, an individual by the name of Headley, was apparently linked to the horrific terrorist attack that was carried out in Mumbai, India.

Today, the Washington Times published a news report about how Pakistan has arrested five United States citizens who are believed to have been involved in terrorism overseas, once again, this time, purportedly in Pakistan.

To again hammer the nexus between United States citizenship and the value of that citizenship and the United States passport that goes with it, consider this quote from the news report I have attached below:

“[CIA Director] Michael V. Hayden, [Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Adm. Mike]Mullen and others have long said that al Qaeda was recruiting and training Westerners and people familiar with the West,â€