(NOTE: Things are running slow over here and my search for the terms regarding this post came back with an error because of that. I went back 4 pages and didn't see a post on this. Hope its not a duplicate.)

I haven't gone to the Texas Border Watch web site in awhile so I went tonight and this is what the home page says....

www.texasborderwatch.com

__________________________________________________ ________

The Texas Border Watch Test Site is now closed.

The Texas Border Watch Test Site has closed as the state proceeds with a formal request for proposals to implement a permanent Texas Border Watch web site. During the month-long test of this site, more than 200,000 viewers subscribed to the site, and more than 25 million hits were recorded,generating more than 13,000 emails. Some wrote to alert law enforcement officials to suspicious activity, others to recommend improvements to the web site or offer other comments. Many of the recommendations for improvements to the website were incorporated during the test period and will be part of the RFP the state issues.
The month-long test also demonstrated the high interest Texans -- and residents of other states -- have in border security. We thank all participants who visited this site, and we will notify you when the fully operational site is brought on line.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some facts regarding the site:
Total hours of operations of the test site as of Nov. 3rd, 3:00 PM CST: 639 hours

Total hits to the test site as of Nov. 3rd, 3:00 PM CST: 27,923,387

Total registered users of the test site as of Nov. 3rd, 3:00 PM CST: 221,562

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for helping to protect the citizens of Texas.