Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Texas governor clears way for NAFTA superhighway

Texas governor clears way for NAFTA superhighway
    Vetoes legislation to delay big transportation corridor

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=56309

Posted: June 22, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern
    © 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

The path has been cleared for the state of Texas to begin building the new Trans-Texas Corridor, a project that is designed to be four football fields wide, along Interstate 35 from Mexico to the Oklahoma border, according to a new report from WND columnist Jerome Corsi, the author of "The Late Great USA."

The way was opened when Texas Gov. Rick Perry, a Republican, vetoed a series of proposals the Texas Legislature assembled to slow down the work on what is considered to be a key link in a continental NAFTA superhighway network.

Perry's latest veto was of a plan to add a number of requirements to the Texas eminent-domain procedures, under which governments can grab and use private property.

But, Corsi reported, Steven Anderson of the Institute for Justice's Castle Coalition, objected. He said Perry's action "left every home, farm, ranch and small-business owner vulnerable to the abuse of eminent domain."

Earlier, Corsi reported, Perry vetoed a plan to impose a two-year moratorium on the TTC project.

As WND previously reported, these measures were approved overwhelmingly by the Texas Legislature.

On learning that Perry had vetoed the eminent-domain legislation, Corridor Watch, a public advocacy group that opposes the TTC project, responded immediately.

"It sure didn't take TxDOT long to shake off the legislative session and resume their headlong rush to use every available loophole, exception and remaining authority to build toll roads and grant toll road concessions just as fast as possible," the organization said.

Corridor Watch also noted that in the 49 bills Perry vetoed June 15 were measures that would have required TxDOT to consider using existing highway routes for future TTC routes and a bill that called on the Texas attorney general to study the impact of international agreements on Texas.

An override of Perry's vetoes is unlikely, since the governor threatened to call a special session of the lawmakers to handle transportation issues if his veto fell by the wayside.

As WND has previously reported, the $180 billion needed to build the 4,000-mile TTC network planned for construction over the next 50 years will be financed by Cintra Concesiones de Infraestructuras de Transporte, S.A., a foreign investment consortium based in Spain. Cintra will own the leasing and operating rights on TTC highways for 50 years after their completion is complete.

WND also has reported Perry has received substantial campaign contributions from Cintra and Zachry Construction Company, the San Antonio-based construction firm selected by TxDOT to build out the TTC.

And WND has established that Cintra is represented in the United States by Bracewell and Giuliani, Republican Party presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani's Houston-based law firm.

Just this week, WND reported TxDOT already is moving to apply its four-football-fields-wide NAFTA superhighway plan of building new train-truck-car-pipeline corridors to the states of Oklahoma and Colorado in a design that stretches from the Mexican border at Laredo, Texas, to Denver, Colo.

WND has documented a significant reason for the projects is to connect truck traffic from Mexican ports on the Pacific, such as Lazaro Cardenas, to U.S. roads. Mexican ports are being increasingly used as an alternative to West Coast ports such as Los Angeles and Long Beach as a cheaper, non-union alternative for the import of millions of containers from China.

WND also has reported the Department of Transportation plans to start a Mexican truck demonstration project as early as Aug. 15, despite continuing objections from Congress.

This pretty much means that the spp/nau will be the next form of government if the scamnesty bill passes congress.
    <div>If you love this nation, please stop illegal immigration.</div>

There is a lot of things about this TTC that people really need to look into. This is just another sham brought about by another political Bush wanta-be elite that does not listen to the people of his state. And we are hearing rumors he will go after the white house in 2012? I for one have been protesting this mexican highway since its inception. It will push thousands of people off their land including me! Just another ploy in the NAU..
    "We are being destroyed from within"

I was watching MSNBC (morning Joe) this morning and he was talking about Ross Perot and independents in general. I voted for Ross Perot because way back then he predicted the negative affect that NAFTA, open borders, etc would have on America. People laughed at him and thought he was nuts, but he was dead on.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

the folks here in Texas need to give some heat to their Reps about this. Ill be calling mine again, this need to be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by peanut
    the folks here in Texas need to give some heat to their Reps about this. Ill be calling mine again, this need to be stopped.
    What Perry is doing must be stopped. Unfortunately the session just ended and only Governor Good Hair can call a special session. I will be making calls to my state senator - oh wait, maybe not since it's Whitmire! He might try to get me fired also. But I will be making calls.
    To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men. Abraham Lincoln

I do feel for all of you in TX...I know how frustrating it gets talking to these politicians until your blue in the face, and they go and do what THEY want anyway. Just out of curiosity, the Investment company...Is it on the Stock Exchange? If so, which politicians are Invested?
    The use of "Imminant Domain" for the benefit of a Foreign corporation should be illegal! I will call and e-mail my Senator (Thune) and have him look into this, he has Common Sense, something Hard to find in DC anymore.
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

Yes this is all tied into a spanish company named Contra. Of course they have contributed money to Perry's cause..

Try this link for info
    http://www.corridorwatch.org/ttc/index.htm
    "We are being destroyed from within"

The company is Cintra. Also, Rudy Guiliani is affiliated with this Spanish company.
    To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men. Abraham Lincoln

RUDY GUILIANI OWNS THE LAW FIRM THAT REPRESENTS CINTRA
    I would see if I could get a petition going to have Perry thrown out of office for this. It should be a conflict of interest for him to take money from Cintra for campaign funds and then see that they get the contract to build the highway. There is two much of this going on in our country, to many people being bought off.

Guiliani for President I don't think so just another traitor and we are going to need to get information like this out to the people!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GET INVOLVED NOW! TIMES RUNNING OUT!!
    .................................................. .................................................. .......
    COME ON EVERYONE WE NEED YOUR HELP NOW! "BILL 1639" STOP IT !!
    "JOIN OUR FOCUS CAMPAIGN"
    HELP SAVE OUR COUNTRY FROM THIS INVASION! OK LOOKIE LOU'S YES YOU!!
    join in on the CALLS, FAXES AND E-MAILS TO OUR SENATORS!!
    "FOCUS CAMPAIGN" DAILY INSTRUCTIONS AND POSTING THREAD LINK BELOW!
    Leave posts so we know what they are saying!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=70455
    ALL CONTACT INFORMATION.....Senators, news, radio, ETC.
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=68216
    Your contributions are welcome, help keep ALIPAC afloat and fighting!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... page&pid=9
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast