Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Texas Governor Endorses Giuliani

Texas Governor Endorses Giuliani
    By LIBBY QUAID – 2 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican presidential hopeful Rudy Giuliani on Wednesday won the endorsement of Texas Gov. Rick Perry, despite their differences on abortion rights.

Perry, an abortion opponent, said his biggest concern had been Giuliani's support for abortion rights but that he was satisfied Giuliani would appoint judges who view the issue conservatively.

"The one (issue) that I wanted to hear him give me an answer and look me right in my eyes was that issue of who can I expect, what type of individual can I expect on the Supreme Court," Perry said at a news conference with Giuliani.

"He clearly said ... you can look for people like Scalia and Roberts and Alito. Let me tell you, I can live with that," Perry said, referring to conservative Supreme Court Justices Antonin Scalia and Samuel Alito and Chief Justice John Roberts.

Perry said when he buys a pickup truck, he doesn't rule it out simply because it has one option he doesn't like. He said the war on terrorism is the campaign's overriding issue and that Giuliani is best-equipped to lead a country at war.

Giuliani, who is addressing social conservative voters this weekend in Washington, said he wants conservatives to focus on areas where he agrees with them.

"I'm not going to get every vote," he said. "The idea is going to be that there's enough we agree about and enough we're facing — foreign threats and domestic problems — that it may just be if they think about it, that I'm the best candidate."

"What I really want is a relationship in which we respect each other, even if we disagree," Giuliani said.

The endorsement rankled a Giuliani rival, Republican Fred Thompson. Thompson's campaign released a statement from Texas Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson.

"Texans supporting the mayor of New York City? Get a rope," Patterson said. "Fred is the real deal. "He's the only conservative with a chance in 2008, and he's gonna win Texas."

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5go3Y ... QD8SB64S00
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LISTEN TO ME!!!!!!!!!

Perry = Bush = Open Borders = Giuliani

Don't fall for this sudden change of heart this guy is blabbing right now.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's good news because it will probably cost Guilani votes. Every Texan knows that Rick Perry SUCKS BIG TIME.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Exactly.... Perry is another open border nut case and as a matter of fact he is a big wheel as far as the NAFTA Highway.... I hope all see's through the haze and Gov. Perry's Bull Sh_t