Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Texas governor: U.S. may need to deploy troops into Mexico

Dan Hirschhorn -
    Nov. 19, 2010 01:45 PM
    POLITICO.COM

Texas Gov. Rick Perry said the United States should consider deploying military forces into Mexico to stem the drug-related violence afflicting the border region.

Perry, the incoming chairman of the Republican Governors Association, told MSNBC on Thursday morning that while Mexico would "obviously" have to approve any American assistance, military might is needed to defeat the drug cartels that have stymied Mexican authorities. And he pegged decreased border violence as a prerequisite for any successful immigration reform push in Washington.
    "I think we have to use every aspect of law enforcement that we have, including the military," Perry said. "Any means that we can [use] to run these people off our border and to save Americans' lives, we need to be engaged in."

Perry has been a vocal proponent of deploying more military forces to the U.S.-Mexico border, hand-delivering arequest to President Obama in August.

During the interview from the RGA meeting in San Diego, Perry reiterated his oft-stated insistence that he's not interested in running for president in 2012. He also said the General Motors stock sale that is allowing the federal government to begin winding down its ownership stake in the company doesn't change his belief that the auto bailouts never should have happened.

"I don't know whether there would have been any jobs lost [in regular bankruptcy proceedings] or not," Perry said. "But at the end of the day, that's how the process is supposed to work. If you have a company that is not profitable, the it goes through bankruptcy.

"I hope nobody is working under the premise that you cannot lose your job in America because of irresponsible activity or because the market turns down," he added. "That is the reality of the world. And we need to be responsible individuals and stand up and say this is the way the world works, it is not some fairy land where government is there to protect every job all the time. That's nonsense."

Also in the interview, Perry restated his belief that Social Security is a ponzi scheme. "My children are in their mid-20s. They know for fact that Social Seucirity is not going to be around. They know it's a ponzi scheme," he said. "When you have a very small group paying in to pay a very large group, that's a ponzi scheme."

The Arizona Republic is a member of the Politico Network.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... itico.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Gov Perry needs to focus on things he can do as Gov., to improve the lives of legal immigrants and citizens of TX. After he accomplishes that, he can make recommendations for the U.S. Military.

I'm tired, very tired of the U.S. Military being the policeman of the world.

I'm tired of billions of dollars spent on foreign wars.

Quote Originally Posted by magyart
    Gov Perry needs to focus on things he can do as Gov., to improve the lives of legal immigrants and citizens of TX. After he accomplishes that, he can make recommendations for the U.S. Military.

I'm tired, very tired of the U.S. Military being the policeman of the world.

I'm tired of billions of dollars spent on foreign wars.
    I'm tired of billiions spent on foreign wars too. But our southern border is right next to Mexico's escalating drug war and has begun spilling over into the US. I would much rather bring our troops home from other continents and use them to fight what is in reality an invasion - and I think they should fight it with all the military power they have. To heck with Mr. nice USA being taken over...

The least they could do is to clear a mile wide strip of land all along our side of the border of anything except very low growing sparse shrubs, build the rest of the fence - and provide manpower and numbers needed to patrol the border.
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Banned
    I think using troops on the mexican border is EXACTLY the purpose of having a standing army

TO PROTECT THE HOMELAND FROM INVASION

Well , 20 million illegals later it sure looks like an invasion to me

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    I think using troops on the mexican border is EXACTLY the purpose of having a standing army

TO PROTECT THE HOMELAND FROM INVASION

Well , 20 million illegals later it sure looks like an invasion to me
    i'd say we're well into the occupation phase ....

many americans , including myself are afraid to speak out publicly due to fears of retaliation ....

i mean what is that , when i'm afraid to speak about an issue that effects my country , in MY OWN COUNTRY .....

Our military will be worthless around the world if this country falls. Bring some troops,if not all of them ,and secure the borders (mainly the southern).

Thing is,we have already gave milions of dollars to Mexico to fight this drug war along with training and equipment. We seem to be sucked dry of not only money but our resources as well.

If these people want to play hard ball then lets play. But play as they do! Just as we should do in Iraq and Afghanistan. When ever you play a game ,you PLAY TO WIN! When you are in a WAR,YOU PLAY TO WIN!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Can we start simply by deploying our troops to the border in order to secure the border and protect Americans!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Texas governor: U.S. may need to deploy troops into Mexi

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2

Dan Hirschhorn -
    Nov. 19, 2010 01:45 PM
    POLITICO.COM

Texas Gov. Rick Perry said the United States should consider deploying military forces into Mexico to stem the drug-related violence afflicting the border region.

Perry, the incoming chairman of the Republican Governors Association, told MSNBC on Thursday morning that while Mexico would "obviously" have to approve any American assistance, military might is needed to defeat the drug cartels that have stymied Mexican authorities. And he pegged decreased border violence as a prerequisite for any successful immigration reform push in Washington.
    "I think we have to use every aspect of law enforcement that we have, including the military," Perry said. "Any means that we can [use] to run these people off our border and to save Americans' lives, we need to be engaged in."

Perry has been a vocal proponent of deploying more military forces to the U.S.-Mexico border, hand-delivering arequest to President Obama in August.

During the interview from the RGA meeting in San Diego, Perry reiterated his oft-stated insistence that he's not interested in running for president in 2012. He also said the General Motors stock sale that is allowing the federal government to begin winding down its ownership stake in the company doesn't change his belief that the auto bailouts never should have happened.

"I don't know whether there would have been any jobs lost [in regular bankruptcy proceedings] or not," Perry said. "But at the end of the day, that's how the process is supposed to work. If you have a company that is not profitable, the it goes through bankruptcy.

"I hope nobody is working under the premise that you cannot lose your job in America because of irresponsible activity or because the market turns down," he added. "That is the reality of the world. And we need to be responsible individuals and stand up and say this is the way the world works, it is not some fairy land where government is there to protect every job all the time. That's nonsense."

Also in the interview, Perry restated his belief that Social Security is a ponzi scheme. "My children are in their mid-20s. They know for fact that Social Seucirity is not going to be around. They know it's a ponzi scheme," he said. "When you have a very small group paying in to pay a very large group, that's a ponzi scheme."

The Arizona Republic is a member of the Politico Network.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... itico.html

I have said befor Our Military guys& lady should Not be Over sea fight ing. that no our war . this is Our war .Secure the border . on all side
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We have 37,000 troops in South Korea defending their border.

Bring them home and have them defend our border.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Its a great idea but it will never happen. Too many people have been paid off by the cartels to let them continue their drug missions.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast