Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Texas Jailer Dies from COVID After Processing Migrant 200 Miles from Border

Texas Jailer Dies from COVID After Processing Migrant 200 Miles from Border

by BOB PRICE 25 Aug 2021

Residents of Refugio County, Texas, honored the life of a sheriff’s office jailer on Tuesday who died in the line of duty after contracting the coronavirus while processing a migrant apprehended in a human smuggling incident. A sheriff’s office deputy is also recovering from COVID-19 after apprehending the migrant 200 miles from the Texas-Mexico border.

In what is becoming a daily occurrence, Refugio County Sheriff’s Office deputies interdicted a human smuggling operation, Sheriff Raul “Pinky” Gonzales told Breitbart Texas. One of the migrants apprehended earlier this month was later determined to be infected with the coronavirus. The migrant passed on the virus to a deputy and a jailer.

As a result of the exposure, Jailer Ricardo Hinojosa contracted COVID-19 and died on August 14, Sheriff Gonzales said. On Tuesday, Refugio County laid their public servant to rest.

Today we lay to rest our coworker, our friend, our brother. Rest in paradise Ricardo 💙, we will take it from here and we shall never forget.
    Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Matthew 5:9

Gonzales said one of his deputies also contracted COVID-19 from his interaction while transporting the migrant to the U.S. Border Patrol station in Corpus Christi, Texas.

“We didn’t know the migrant was infected, but he was coughing a lot,” the sheriff explained. “Two or three days later, my officers came down with COVID. My jailer, Ricardo Hinojosa, got it real bad. He died in about a week and a half or two weeks. My deputy is recovering and just got out of the hospital.”

“So that’s why, when I hear President Biden on the news, acting like he’s all concerned about this virus and about this pandemic, telling people to wear a mask and all that,” Gonzales continued. “He was the one that caused a lot of these problems here.”

“We are testing the migrants when we apprehend these big groups being smuggled through our county,” he stated. “We are always finding that some of them are infected with COVID.”

The death of Security Officer Hinojosa impacted more than just the sheriff’s office. His stepson, Omar Alvarez, posted a message on Facebook and asked for prayers for his mother and family.

Omar Alvarez
    on Tuesday

I am 💔. Today my family and me say good by to my dad Ricardo Hinojosa. Lost my dad at 11 and now once more to my step dad, which was another dad for me n my brothers. And it pains me to see my mom loose another husband/partner. What a year…
    Chaos is the best word I can use to describe my emotions. 😭😭💔💔
    If you can spare a little time and room, can you please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers. I don’t ask for me but for them, thank you so very much.
    I ask the Lord to...
    See More

Refugio County is located on U.S. Highway 77 between Corpus Christi and Victoria — a well known human smuggling corridor. It is approximately 200 miles from the Mexican border.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2021/08/25/texas-jailer-dies-from-covid-after-processing-migrant-200-miles-from-border/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Another American citizen RIPPED FROM HIS FAMILIES ARMS by a criminal trespassing illegal alien!

EXPEL THEM ALL BACK TO MEXICO.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL