Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Texas talks tough on illegal immigrants

Texas talks tough on illegal immigrants

The Lone Star State has long welcomed Latino immigrants, no matter how they got across the state's 1,200-mile border with Mexico.

Back when California voted to cut public services to illegal immigrants, then-Texas Gov. George W. Bush was preaching that immigrants were equal players in the state's economy.
    But the atmosphere has changed markedly in Texas, home to about 10% of the nation's illegal immigrants.

Now, a growing chorus of Republicans and some Democrats is pushing some of the harshest immigration-related measures in the United States — laws that would not only deny public services to illegal immigrants but strip their American-born children of benefits as well.

The proposal to deny services to American citizens, which is thought to be the first in the country, is part of a push to challenge the citizenship given automatically to children born in this country to illegal immigrants.
    Prior rulings have affirmed that nearly all such children were entitled to birthright citizenship under the 14th Amendment. But some legal scholars have questioned whether the amendment, which redefined national citizenship to include the children of slaves after the Civil War, should cover babies born to foreign parents.

The Pew Hispanic Center estimated last year that more than 3 million U.S. citizens were born to illegal immigrant parents.â€

I hope the birthright fantasy goes before the Supreme Court ASAP.

It's way, way past time. The travesty of past wrong rulings must be reversed.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I am so glad to hear this, I hope they stick to their guns on this. I'd like to see this as a precedent to all other states, especially those with high illegal aliens populations, but all others as well, because if we do not have these rules in unison, they will all start flocking to the states that will not do something about their illegal activity.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good to see somebody pushing the envelope.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

There is nothing saying the Supreme Court would even hear the case if it got to them. Today they refused to hear a case of outright discrimination against Christians in NY, public schools, they could have other religious symbols such as Menorra and the Islamic crescent or whatever that is, just couldn't have baby Jesus, and who's birthday are we celebrating here????? The Men in Black cannot be trusted to do what is best for this country no more then Bush can be trusted, after all, it was them who brought forth this new emnient domane thing where the city can take your property and business and give it to someone else who wants to put a business there.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

As long as Rick Perry is govenor, illegals will be welcomed into Texas...

I think with so many other states pushing to enforce the laws on the books, the climate is just right to push for a recall on birthrights for illegal alien children.

I'm with AmericanElizabeth. I hope they stick to their guns!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Texas' shift toward a more incendiary brand of immigration politics
    This should read: Texas' sift towards a it's about time brand of immigration politics.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote: La Times
    Texas is home to about 1 million to 2 million illegal immigrants.

I think the LA Times gets it’s illegal Alien population
    figures from the same source the Federal Government
    gets theirs, “THE 2000 CENSUS” 7 years ago.

The 1 million to 2 million illegal aliens, wouldn’t even
    cover all the illegals in the three largest cities in Texas.
    “Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio”.

Leave it to government, and the liberal media to use
    false figures to marginalize the true numbers, and make
    the situation look less bad than what it really is.

The true facts are Amnesty would add another
    4.5 to 5 million plus citizens to the State of Texas alone.

I just wonder if/when Amnesty gets shoved down
    our throats, for 12 million illegal aliens, how Congress,
    the President, and the Liberal Media is going to explain
    to the American people that they made a slight error on
    the illegal head count, and it’s really around 35 to 40 million?

Of course by then the dirty deed is done, and they cant take it back.

PS. sorry this post is a little off topic, I couldn't help my self.

B.O.R.
    Texan by birth, Independent by choice, Christian by faith, And still kicken by the Grace of God.

I would'nt doubt it's that high bit_o_Ruckus.

I don't believe there is only 12 million. Take away the benefits and send them packing!