Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thanksgiving : Thanks to God the Andean FTA is sinking today

Thanksgiving :

Thanks to God the Andean FTA is sinking today

Today is Tuesday, November 22 or 2005

Thanksgiving is Next Thursday, November 24

The Andean Free Trade Agreement is sinking in the High Seas !

Thanks to God the Negotiations end today with no Results. This was the last round of talks in Washington.

Today is the last day of Negotiations and the differences seem bigger than the iceberg that sank the Titanic.

Only the Stubborness of Mr George W. Bush and his cronies in the Andes can save this degenarate monster from ruining the Andean Economies and producing more Social Conflict, Agrarian Conflict and Violence there.

This seems like the salvation of millions of peasants from the Andes that won't be exterminated by Social Darwinism and Neo Liberalism.

This is also good for the Environment, because the evicted and displaced peasants won't destroy the Misty Forests or the Tropical Jungles, the Andes and the Sources of the Amazon River.

There are two million Colombian immigrants in the USA Today, if there is no pact, then you will be saved from receiving another two millions of impoverished people.

Prepare a room with bathroom, phone and TV set, in case that Mr Bush signs the ruin of the Andean Nations. Receive an impoverished visitor.

It is impossible for these poor peasants to compete with American Cereals heavily subsidized with US $100 per ton and more.

Evicted Peasants, Impoverished Peasants, Beggary in the cities and streets !! ... More Agrarian Conflict and Social Unrest.

Expensive drugs and the end of many Generic Drugs in Andean Countries. That is what American Big Pharma wants for these poor and violent South American Nations.

They want to patent the frogs and toads of South America and charge royalties for them. The US patents office has already given patents on Yagé and Ayahuasca.

EVERY IMMIGRANT WAS FIRST AN EMIGRANT.

Vicente Duque

Hi, Vicente. Good to see you back. I know Judy will be glad to hear from you if she hasn't left town already for Thanksgiving. I'll make sure to tell her you posted this and I am SO GLAD for you that the FTA is sinking!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Bootsie :

Thanks for your reply and kind message.

Have a nice thanksgiving you all Americans !!

We don't have a Thanksgiving here in Colombia. But I can understand the spirit of the Feast. It is a miracle to be alive and in good health and spirits !!

We are not dead as long as we struggle for a good cause. For something noble, good and beneficial for many people or for all mankind.

I am sure that this "Sinking of the Andean FTA" is beneficial for both Americans and for Latin Americans, specially for the Andeans. For us it is like a salvation.

Actually it looks more like a delay until talks are resumed perhaps during January of 2006.

As elections approach in all the countries involved : USA, Colombia, Peru, and Ecuador, then things will become more difficult for Mr George Bush and the other 3 presidents.

The opposition of the peoples is going to be hard and strong.

A recent gallup poll showed that Colombians in Big Cities are strongly opposed 50% to 42% to the Andean FTA. In rural areas which were not polled the opposition is even bigger because peasants would be the first victims of the pact.

The opposition has been growing and it will continue growing as Congress elections approach in Colombia during the first half of the year 2006. There are also presidential elections.

The US elections will take place in November of 2006, the full House will be renewed and a third of the US Senate.

If there are negative events in the Andean Countries with respect to the Andean FTA during the first semester then the American People and the US Congress might become more negative for approval of the Pact.

I am not a fanatic or extremist. Perhaps one day in the distant future we have a FAIR TRADE AGREEMENT between America and the Andeans. And that would be wonderful and great !.

But 2005 was not the time for FAIRNESS, JUSTICE, SOUNDNESS AND RATIONALITY. Only an idiotic and unfair treaty was proposed.

As I said before many congratulations for your thanksgiving and a warmth greeting to all Americans around the globe.

Vicente Duque

And, the same to you Vicente, in South America!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton