Carr named chair of Immigration Task Force

Daily News Journal
January 7, 2011

State Rep. Joe Carr, R-Lascassas, has been appointed chairman of the House Republican Caucus Task Force on Immigration, a news release this week states.

The appointment was announced by House Majority Leader Gerald McCormick.

"Immigration is an important issue, and one that has been at the forefront of the debate for the past year," McCormick said in the news release.

"Rep. Carr will do an excellent job chairing our caucus Immigration Task Force and communicating with the business community in the process. He will bring fresh ideas to the subject of immigration and do our caucus a great service by helping to craft immigration legislation that will address this subject matter."

The task force is charged with developing policy ideas and legislation around conservative ideals, and assisting all caucus members with information on the issue of immigration, the news release states.

Carr championed a bill prohibiting sanctuary cities and a resolution recognizing Arizona for its bold immigration policies.

"I am honored to have been named chairman of this task force," Carr said in the news release. "Immigration is very important, and I have spent months talking with and listening to the people in my district and around the state. I look forward to working with the task force members to bring forth solid and meaningful immigration legislation."

Carr serves the 48th District in the Tennessee House of Representatives, which includes areas in eastern and southern Rutherford County.

http://www.dnj.com/article/20110107/NEW ... Task+Force