Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This law is simply a "Look!! We're doing something" measure by both our state legislature and our governor. We already have laws on the books that allow the state to revoke business licenses of those caught hiring illegal aliens although those laws also use the 'knowingly' phrases over and over. The VAST majority of illegals being employed in Tennessee right now are either in agriculture (on those exempt 'farrms') or in the construction industry where the ones with actual business licenses circumvent these laws by sub-contracting everything out thereby not having to check 'new hires'. The illegals get around the required tax-payer or social security number and workers comp and general liability insurance (usually the only things the general contractors require of their subs) by having one LEGAL immigrant who shares their information with the general contractors and charges a fee to the illegals for cashing the checks. By utilizing these methods, they effectively remove themselves from any liability under existing or even the new laws.
    What is it about a person's race or country of origin that gives them the right to come here and break our laws?

Good and astute analysis ImmigrationReformGal. Welcome to ALIPAC!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    I'm not too enthused about this.

Granted, I didn't read it all carefully, but I did notice that it does nothing to verify present employees - only new hires.

The Basic Pilot program seemed to say it did nothing to verify stolen ID.

Am I wrong?
    Forcing employers to use the basic Piolet system is not a "curew all". Howeer, it's a step in the right direction. It does eliminate the use of false SSNs. It forces thw employer to verify each new SSN. This is something employers presently are not asked to do.

As more employers use the system, I hope the fed. govt. maintains it. Presently the Basic Piolet Syatem is a small program. Focing more employers to use it "may" force the govt. to make it a more robust system.

Every small step in the right direction, is a step closer to our goal.

Quote Originally Posted by magyart

Granted, I didn't read it all carefully, but I did notice that it does nothing to verify present employees - only new hires.

Am I wrong?
    Forcing employers to use the basic Piolet system is not a "curew all". Howeer, it's a step in the right direction. It does eliminate the use of false SSNs. It forces thw employer to verify each new SSN. This is something employers presently are not asked to do.

As more employers use the system, I hope the fed. govt. maintains it. Presently the Basic Piolet Syatem is a small program. Focing more employers to use it "may" force the govt. to make it a more robust system.

Granted, every little bit helps and every little bit brings more attention to the problem.

When they say it doesn't ferret out 'fake SS#' - are we talking a SS# that doesn't exist?

So an employee could still be using a living person's SS# and be OK?

I am assuming at some point, SS knows when someone is dead and that # should show up as invalid.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by magyart

Am I wrong?

Granted, every little bit helps and every little bit brings more attention to the problem.

When they say it doesn't ferret out 'fake SS#' - are we talking a SS# that doesn't exist?

So an employee could still be using a living person's SS# and be OK?

I am assuming at some point, SS knows when someone is dead and that # should show up as invalid.

If an illegal alien uses a "made up" or fake SSN, the pilot program will report thr number as invalid. If someone uses a stolen SSN, the program will report the number as valid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12