Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The county mayor called a meeting with Tyson management at his office. All six city council members visited the plant to voice their displeasure.

Tyson countered that hiring Shelbyville residents first "would be discriminatory and in violation of equal employment law," according to a letter to the Times-Gazette by Tyson complex manager Wally Taylor. "About half the people we have hired over the past six months applied as a resident of Bedford County," Mr. Taylor added.
    THIS coming from a Company that has been charged multiple times with breaking hiring laws? If that wasn't so sad it would be funny. ANY excuse to manipulate the law to keep their PROFIT LINE UP!

What a sad story to read.

So many citizens are out of work.

And if one lives locally it doesn't matter, to hire them would be discriminating?

Try to pass so-called comprehensive reform soon and see what some of the locals think of that idea.

The politicians need to get away from their special interests bubble and see how people are suffering.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

When is Tennessee going to make e-verify mandatory?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When I read about all those things about Tyson that have been in the media then I think of a retired New York City cab driver. He once told me that Mr. Tyson, the company founder was so cheap that he never gave him or other cab drivers a tip. That came up during a conversation of teh rich and famous who he drove.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why don't we start fixing our own problems instead of trying to fix the rest of the worlds....
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

OK, the huge problem I see in this...nothing addressing "illegal". But we have refugee and asylum people. Congress has done this!!!!! More Congressional actions that are now really hurting regular Americans.

I do not buy meat/poultry from any of the big packing companies. Fortunately, there is a country store here that does all their own butchering and buys their stuff from LOCAL farmers.....and also fortunately, we have not yet been hit by the IA's in this area.

CitizenJustice: They will come if some traitor will hire them.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJustice
    I do not buy meat/poultry from any of the big packing companies. Fortunately, there is a country store here that does all their own butchering and buys their stuff from LOCAL farmers.....and also fortunately, we have not yet been hit by the IA's in this area.
    I used to eat that Banquet frozen boxed chicken that was skinless. I called them up 2 years ago and asked if they employeed any illegal workers.
    After the run around I said, "Since you are not answering my question, I can tell you do. You just LOST this customer."

I try NOT to buy anything from China or Mexico due to filth, disease, and tainted food.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12