Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TN: Police detain 14 alleged illegal aliens

Police detain 14 alleged illegal aliens
    May 9, 2007
    By JOHN HENSON/Staff Writer
    Fourteen suspected illegal aliens were discovered aboard a van stopped for speeding by the Maury County Sheriff’s narcotics and vice unit about 4 p.m. Tuesday, Capt. Nathan Johns said.

The 12 men and two women are being held at the Maury County Jail until they can be processed by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement division of the Department of Homeland Security and taken into federal custody, Johns said.

Maury County Sheriff’s Department Drug and Vice unit detained 13 men and two women about 4 p.m. Tuesday. The people were traveling inside a van owned by Wendy’s Transportation Company. When the van was pulled over for speeding on North James Campbell Boulevard, deputies found the group. Lt. Bill Doelle said the people were headed for Michigan, Chicago and Ohio. Staff photo by John Henson

“Agents from an office in Nashville determined the passengers in the van are in the country illegally,” he said.

The occupants of the van were asked to sit on the grass outside Baker’s Properties on North James Campbell Boulevard until federal agents arrived.

The detainees have not been charged with any local crimes, Johns said.

Narcotics and Vice Lt. Bill Doelle said his officers routinely look for speeders on county roads.

“We often stop people for speeding and then later find other things,” Doelle said.

There were no illegal drugs or other contraband in the van, Doelle said.

Narcotics and vice vehicles don’t look like customary police cars. One of the vehicles in use is a gray Nissan Xterra; the other is a black Ford Explorer.

The people in the van had a list of places they wanted to go, Doelle said.

“They had a list to go to Michigan, Chicago and Ohio,” he said. “The driver was going to drop people off as he went.”

Johns said the driver was a naturalized citizen of the U.S.

“He has been cited into court for speeding and was released,” Johns said.

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/arti ... aliens.txt
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Shouldn't the driver have been charged with...I dunno, I'm not a lawyer...something like aiding and abetting, if he did not smuggle them in?
    Shouldn't the driver have been detained till the above was checked out?
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Pipeline For Illegal Workers Runs Through State

May 9, 2007 10:09 PM

Employment Pipeline For Illegal Workers Runs Through Tennessee

COLUMBIA, Tenn.- Police believe they uncovered an employment pipeline running through Tennessee when they detained 14 undocumented workers in Columbia.

On Tuesday, the Maury County Sheriff's narcotics and vice unit discovered the group aboard a van stopped for speeding.

The 12 men and two women were held at the Maury County Jail until they are taken into federal custody. The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement will process the men and women.

The detainees, who were not charged with any crimes, were en route to jobs elsewhere in the United States. Police said an ICE agent said the 14 people were not in the United States legally.

During a search of the vehicle, police found a folder with a list of names and delivery locations, like a manifest.

Investigators said they may be illegal contract workers who came from Mexico to Houston with the promise of work.

Capt. Nathan Johns said it's likely a middle man arranged to ship the illegal workers north to the employers who need them.

"It would appear that way, yes," Johns said.

Investigators said this incident represents how some illegal workers enter the country from Mexico.

For the brokers behind it, providing inexpensive labor is a business unto itself. They provide employees to employers seeking low-cost labor.

The van's driver was cited for speeding and released. He was hired through a legitimate company to transport the workers, unaware of their immigration status.

The case has been turned over to the Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement division.

Federal agents hope to track down both the labor brokers and the employers who expected to hire the undocumented immigrants.
    http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=6494993
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ship the illegal workers north to the employers who need them.
    Wouldn't the MORE correct word be WANT?

As in, 'I don't want to pay Americans and LEGAL immigrants fair wages, so I WANT illegal aliens so I can control, & exploit them, so I can continue to drive down wages in my area, and, oh yes, bring in a greater profit for my bottom line'?

sarcasm intended
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!