Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TN Tea partiers rally toward November

Tea partiers rally toward November
    Courtsquare event featured speakers, candidate info

BY MELINDA HUDGINS • MHUDGINS@DNJ.COM • April 17, 2010

Hundreds of residents rallied amid a thousand American flags as part of "Freedom Fair on the Square" Friday evening in downtown Murfreesboro.

From local business owners to recent college graduates, individuals from various walks of life gathered around the Rutherford County Courthouse to support and hear from local political candidates and various guest speakers. Organizers emphasized that the event was nonpartisan.

Dubbed "Freedom Fair on the Square" and sponsored by the 9/12 Project Tennessee and Middle Tennessee Tea Party, the event allowed local supporters to protest ever-expanding government, encourage one another and learn about political activism, according to organizers.

Smyrna resident Michelle Dwyer said she attended the rally because "basically, I feel like the foundation of this country has been sold out."
    Related

* Video: Freedom Fair on the Square, Murfreesboro
    * Tea Party Rally

"I feel like what it stood for originally 200 plus years ago is just not being represented properly," she said. "I feel like this gathering is a group of like-minded people who choose to work for a check and not wait for a check, and I want to be a part of that group."

Dwyer said she hopes the event raises awareness for everyone — supporters or not.

"People in this society today have become sleepy, they've become complacent," she continued. "We, as a society, live inside of a bubble, and if it doesn't affect me right here, then I'm not going to worry about it."

Unfortunately, she said, that mindset has gotten this country into a bit of trouble.

"We've got to raise the awareness and get people realizing they've got to speak up and speak out and get back to what matters — not only what's right in front of us, but how it's going to affect our children and our grandchildren."

Among the speakers were William Gheen with Americans for Legal Immigration, Bobbie Patray with the Tennessee Eagle Forum and keynote speaker Steve Gill, a Nashville talk radio show host with 1510 WLAC.

Daniel Gammon, a recent MTSU graduate, said he attended the event because he also hopes to get take America back to its roots.

"I don't appreciate how the country is being run," he said. "I don't feel like it's going in the way that our forefathers wanted and the way that the working class of America wants it to go, so I'm here to support it to see what we can do to get it changed and get it back on the right path."

By unifying those who share similar thoughts, Gammon said he hopes to see major changes come November's elections.

"We can get everybody together to support the right candidates — whoever that may be at this time — and get the people out of Washington who are making the bad decisions," he said, adding that it's time to get the country back on track.

This idea of gathering information was shared by other attendees, including local small business owners Tim and Pam Holden.

By educating himself through local candidates' and guest speakers' presentations, Tim Holden said he would be better positioned to vote in the upcoming elections.

"That's one of the biggest problems with politics — people are just not informed," he said.

While a majority of the attendees were in support of the Tea Party movement, several stood out in the crowd with signs advertising opposing views.

One such example was Chris Thompson, a 24-year-old Murfreesboro resident who said he disagreed with the tactics used by members of the Tea Party.

"I don't think you should use American flags and small government for making a difference," he said, referring to the 1,000 flags handed out, courtesy of Faynes Haynes Flag and Flagpole Company in Murfreesboro. "I feel that this administration has tried to represent me more than the last administration."

http://www.tennessean.com/article/D4/20 ... d+November
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't think you should use American flags and small government for making a difference," he said, referring to the 1,000 flags handed out, courtesy of Faynes Haynes Flag and Flagpole Company in Murfreesboro. "I feel that this administration has tried to represent me more than the last administration."
    If Americans cannot wave American flags, who can? Big government tends to dip more into a person's wallet, and if this guy believes that government represents him, he is very naive.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Ahhhhhhhh! It is so nice to read a so well written AMERICAN reporting the truth!

So refreshing amidst the lies and the squaller we have to wade through each day.

Thank you for this!

W

Video of William's speech at the Tea Party, Murfreesboro,TN, April 16, 2010.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1044330.html#1044330

2 Chronicles 7:14
    It is written,... if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.