Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TN: Unanswered questions about gang activity

http://www.t-g.com/story/1185136.html

Unanswered questions about gang activity
    Saturday, January 13, 2007
    By Brian Mosely

Do we have violent gang activity in this county?
    Maybe. But we really can't be sure.

The question comes up after reading a federal indictment handed down in Nashville Wednesday against 13 members of the deadly gang La Mara Salvatrucha or MS-13. For those who may not know, MS-13 is a violent international criminal organization composed primarily of immigrants or descendants of immigrants from El Salvador, according to the Justice Department.

The 13 were indicted on racketeering charges for their involvement in the murders of rival gang members. They allegedly killed three people and attempted to kill seven others.

"The purpose of this enterprise was to preserve and protect the power, territory and profits of the MS-13 enterprise through violent assault, murder, threats of violence, and intimidation," a statement regarding the indictment read.

MS-13 originated in Los Angeles and quickly spread across the country, including to Middle Tennessee, the statement says. "MS-13 currently includes approximately 10,000 members in at least 10 states, Mexico, Honduras and El Salvador, making it one of the largest street gangs in the United States."

So the feds got some bad folks off the streets. Great news. What does this have to do with us? Perhaps plenty.

On page 10 of the indictment, section "n" states that three MS-13 members and an "individual known to the grand jury with initials M.M. and other MS-13 gang members discussed and planned the murder of a Brown Pride member who worked at a Tyson's Food Plant outside of Nashville, Tennessee."

That's enough to catch the interest of anyone living around here. But aside from what's in the indictment, there's no other information available. So this writer picked up the phone and called the Justice Department in Washington to get some more details.

After a friendly discussion, they take my name and number and have someone get back to me within the hour. So far, so good. I explain what's in section "n" and write the following:

"Here in Shelbyville, we have a Tyson's processing plant that is, as far as I know, the only one in the area that would qualify as being 'near Nashville.'

"Was this target working at the Shelbyville plant?"

"Could you be more specific about this discussion?"

"Did a murder actually take place or did it never get past the discussion stage?"

"Are there any other connections in this indictment to Bedford County, Tennessee?"

However, the chance of finding out anything more was shot down by the government's swift reply:

"Unfortunately, Brian, I am unable to address your additional questions because I can't comment beyond the information contained in the indictment."

What information contained in the indictment?

All we want to know is if someone was planning a murder right here in Shelbyville. You would think that is information that the feds would eagerly provide to its citizens. But it appears that ambiguity is now the very cornerstone of public relations when it comes to dealings between the public and the federal government.

I also asked local law enforcement if they had heard anything about this case and they had not even been aware of it.

So was the alleged murder plot focused here? Who can say? While Shelbyville has a poultry complex and chicken processing plant, there are several other places in Tennessee that could also qualify.

There's a case-ready beef/pork plant which also provides further processing in Goodlettsville. Way out in Union City is a poultry complex, chicken processing/further-processing plant, along with a hatchery. Decherd also has a hatchery, a chicken feed mill can be found in Estill Springs as well as in South Fulton.

But we can't tell you where this murder was to take place because the feds "can't comment beyond the information contained in the indictment."

It reminds this writer of the famous line heard in so many hearings during the previous presidential administration "I can't comment on an ongoing investigation." Since nearly everything was being checked into during those days, very little, if anything at all, could be said.

As for Brown Pride, who can say if they are here or not? Again, the indictment isn't very clear about them at all. If fact, I had to look up the term because the legal document doesn't even state that it's a gang or not.

Apparently, Brown Pride is one of the biggest Hispanic street gangs in the country. One of its founding members appears to have been a guy named Oscar Zeta Acosta, who was the real life inspiration for the drug-addicted attorney in Hunter S. Thompson's book "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas."

Another question that needs to be asked is how did 10,000 Central American killers and thugs get into this country in the first place, but we all know the answer to that question, don't we? Gang members like those in MS-13 and Brown Pride aren't the nice, ordinary people we keep hearing about who want to come here, obey the law, pay taxes and live the American Dream.

Thanks to these punks, there are many communities in California and other states where you dare not drive the streets at night for fear of getting killed. Members of MS-13 and other gangs are making sure they are blending in with the rest of the vast and growing illegal alien community, who are referred to in Washington circles these days as Voters in the Larval Stage.

And here's some more lovely news: Authorities said last year that al-Qaeda terrorists under surveillance in El Salvador had been seen meeting with local MS-13 leadership in that country, giving rise to the suspicion that the Salvadorans may be smuggling Islamic terrorists into the U.S.

They already have the established alien smuggling routes through Mexico, and the ability and will to do so. In December of 2005, an MS-13 gang member and a Muslim from Bangladesh were arrested crossing the Rio Grande together. Nearly 60,000 illegal aliens designated as other-than-Mexican, or OTMs, were detained in 2005 along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Yet, the Justice Department can't tell us if they are our area or not. Doesn't that make you sleep better at night?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

who are referred to in Washington circles these days as Voters in the Larval Stage.
    Perfect name.

In California MS-13 has been known to buy expensive houses, including mansions, gutting them and using them for "pot farms".
    ------------------------

MS-13

For what it is worth, I have an acquaintance who, until about a year ago, was heavily involved in drugs here in East TN (Knoxville). I saw him at Christmas at which time he guaranteed me that MS-13 members were active here.

As you stated, no apparent awareness by local law enforcement. So, what can you do as a private, law abiding citizen. Carry extra rounds.

Welcome to ALIPAC Renegade

So, what can you do as a private, law abiding citizen. Carry extra rounds.
    That just may turn out to be the case.
    ------------------------

I read that our government had dropped to about the 30th rank in it's openess of government. I suspect a lot of it has to do with social engineering, North American Union etc. Freedom of information act is like the proposed fence another virtual reality.