Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

TN-Voter registration would require citizenship proof

Voter registration would require citizenship proof

Published: May 11, 2010
    3 Comments

A proposal that would require prospective voters in Tennessee to provide proof of citizenship before registering to vote has passed the Senate.

The measure sponsored by Republican Sen. Dewayne Bunch of Cleveland was approved 20-12 Monday evening. It is different than the companion bill that passed the House 92-1 last week.

That version would only require prospective voters to check a box to affirm they are citizens.

Bunch says the stricter legislation is needed to “protect the integrity of our elections.“

But opponents say the measure would actually discourage people from registering.

http://www2.tricities.com/tri/news/loca ... oof/45968/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

But opponents say the measure would actually discourage people from registering.
    Showing proof of citizenship would deter people from registering to vote? Maybe it would deter illegals. Patriotic Americans are proud to show proof.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

YES! Let's hope more states follow suit!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Of course it should pass. All states need to do this. Get rid of the voter election fraud forever.

Boy do we need this in California.

Way to go Tennessee
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Na, this is common sense..it'll never fly..

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    Na, this is common sense..it'll never fly..
    I call it "The Too Much Logic Syndrome."

Being from TN, I say merely checking a box doe not prove citizenship. Every job I've ever had required proof of citizenship, a SS card, DL and birth certificate. Why not require the same to vote?

Rockfish, I can understand your disdain. But here in TN the people are speaking and our state reps are listening. Although TN has not drafted a bill similar to the AZ law yet, I believe our state is waiting to see how the AZ law will function. Just my opinion and no one elses.

I agree, TN is doing the right thing. California needs to do the same thing.
    All States need to do it. But here in California it is the worst. We really need help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast