Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Trailer company raided by feds found ways around E-Verify

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trailer company raided by feds found ways around E-Verify

NEWS

Insider: Trailer company raided by feds found ways around E-Verify

In what is being called the largest operation of its kind in a decade, 300 U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents descended on Load Trail and detained 159 undocumented immigrants employed there, copied computer servers, employment records and financial documents.

Author: Jason Whitely
    Published: 9:31 PM CDT September 4, 2018
    Updated: 10:32 PM CDT September 4, 2018

DALLAS — A company insider at a North Texas trailer manufacturer under investigation for hiring dozens of undocumented immigrants told WFAA that company executives knew ways around federal immigration checks.

In what is being called the largest operation of its kind in a decade, 300 U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents descended on Load Trail and detained 159 undocumented immigrants employed there, copied computer servers, employment records and financial documents.

“Yeah, I think surprised is the right word,” said Gene Besen, attorney for Load Trail. "I think the company was absolutely surprised by the action that was taken on Tuesday."

He said Load Trail, the fourth largest trailer manufacturer in the country, vows to cooperate with federal prosecutors.

The company also paid employees on time Friday and is setting up a fund for the families of detained workers.

Since news of the search warrant first broke last week, many have asked whether the company’s owners would face criminal charges.

“At this point I think it’s obviously unsettling," Besen said.

"We’re still trying to sift through it. We’re going to conduct our own investigation and coordinate with the Department of Justice and see where this plays out."

Four years ago, Load Trail paid almost a half-million-dollar fine for the same thing – knowingly employing undocumented immigrants. As part of a settlement in 2014, Load Trail was ordered to E-Verify all new hires to make sure they can legally work in the United States.

But an insider, who agreed to speak without being identified, told WFAA that the company found ways around E-Verify.

“We were under a court order," the company insider said. "I would have to take the information and enter it into E-Verify.

If it kicked it back, then they would have me hire them under their other company that was not under court order to E-Verify. I knew it was wrong. I knew what they were trying to do.”

When asked about a possible motive, the insider said: “Greed. End of the day greed, yes. They couldn’t make enough money.”

Besen dismissed the insider’s allegation.

By all accounts, the 159 undocumented workers were paid well. Some were welders making up to $40 an hour.

But with significantly fewer employees now, Load Trail is hiring again and Besen said the company will survive.

“Absolutely," Besen said. "They’re going to continue. They were making trailers yesterday. Like I said, they’re going to keep on making trailers. The fourth largest trailer manufacturer in the company they’re going to be okay."

After seizing evidence last week, federal prosecutors are trying to determine whether to pursue a criminal case – a decision that could take months if not longer.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/in.../287-590955385

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What a scam. Some serious actions need to be taken against the business to warn others and since the pattern is repetitive.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member 6 Million Dollar Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post

By all accounts, the 159 undocumented workers were paid well. Some were welders making up to $40 an hour.

I thought democrats said that illegals only take jobs that Americans don't want. I can bet you that you could find hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Americans, who know how to weld, that would immediately jump on this job. I guarantee it!!!!!