Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Travelers wary of Mexico

Pockets of danger lurk in parts of Mexico, and some county residents say they feel uneasy about visiting
    Palpable tension
    By Zeke Barlow (Contact)
    Sunday, March 29, 2009

Download this story as a podcast!

Photo by James Glover II

Customers board a bus headed for Mexico from the Intercalifornias station in Oxnard on Thursday. In recent years, parts of Mexico have become hotbeds of violence, where drug cartels operate with seeming impunity.

Photo by James Glover II

“A year ago I decided not to go anymore,â€

Ismael Sanchez, owner of Omar’s Travel in Oxnard, said business is a bit slower because of the economy, but he doesn’t think the violence is a factor.
    Of course, violence is not a factor because this jerk does not want to lose any more business. If he were booking tours to Iraq, I am sure he would have the same stance.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Pockets of danger lurk in parts of Mexico, and some county residents say they feel uneasy about visiting
    Duh!!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Propaganda

Tell your parents to move away from the southern border. But I am sure you would rather spin a sob story to the press in the U.S. rather than tell your folks to move to south of the border. The crime is only along the drug routes get out of the way.

The only reason a traveler would NOT be wary is if he is totally uninformed. No sane person would travel south of the border given what's going on. I travel across to Juarez and Tijuana on business several times a week and see what is going on. It's dangerous and ugly and believe me, I wouldn't do it if I could find another job. It's just not worth it!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836