Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It's simply total anarchy and Bush doesn't give a rat's ass.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

PAIGE
    being in texas i want to see that story.

cut and paste the story or the link, plz

Quote Originally Posted by StokeyBob
    It wigs me out to hear people in law enforcement start in with the malarkey they are spewing now.

They have split up the illegal invaders into criminals and non?criminals.

What is that all about. Are we going to now have criminal and non?criminal bank robbers?

How about criminal and non?criminal Mother rapers. Father stabbers. Father
    rapers! Father rapers sitting right there on the bench next to me! And
    they was mean and nasty and ugly and horrible crime-type guys sitting on the
    bench next to me. And the meanest, ugliest, nastiest one, the meanest
    father raper of them all, was coming over to me and he was mean 'n' ugly
    'n' nasty 'n' horrible and all kind of things and he sat down next to me
    and said, "Kid, whad'ya get?" I said, "I didn't get nothing, I had to pay
    $50 and pick up the garbage." He said, "What were you arrested for, kid?"
    And I said, "Littering." And they all moved away from me on the bench
    there, and the hairy eyeball and all kinds of mean nasty things, till I
    said, "And creating a nuisance." And they all came back, shook my hand,
    and we had a great time on the bench, talkin about crime, mother stabbing,
    father raping, all kinds of groovy things that we was talking about on the
    bench.

http://www.arlo.net/resources/lyrics/alices.shtml
    Hey StokeyBob, that's pretty good! Is this a spin-off from the work of Arlo Guthrie?, about the guy who was drafted and was going through the induction center during the Viet Nam war?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes. The whole lyrics are at the link at the bottom of the post.

He is still around and still paying concerts.

http://www.arlo.net/

The Alice's Restaurant song and movie really united people back in the sixties.

We need some new music to unite us now.

Texas

Hi James62

I saw it in the newspaper and the link would be Salt Lake City Tribune.

Here is the link http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_6049674

In case the link does not take you directly to the story here it is. Also Tom Tamcedo is sayting that there is a cartel war going on in Tuscon. It is really funny how the media does not like to report this.

Life along the border
    Worry over Mexican shootings lingers
    Arizonans fear violence spawned by drug cartels inevitably will end up north of the border
    By Arthur H. Rotstein
    The Associated Press

Article Last Updated: 06/03/2007 12:07:44 AM MDT

Click photo to enlargeRanchers Jack Ladd, left, and his son, John Ladd, stand at... (John Miller/The Associated Press )«1»

DOUGLAS, Ariz. - A deadly spasm of drug-provoked violence in northern Mexico last month has some border residents worried that it is only a matter of time before it spills over the border into Arizona.
    Cochise County Sheriff Larry Dever said law enforcement officials share a common belief that the violence spawned between drug cartels operating south of the border inevitably will end up here.
    ''These criminal syndicates know no borders and use the border to their advantage as a curtain or veil to cover their activities. But in no way is it a barrier to them.''
    Some 50 drug-hit men convoyed into Cananea in northern Sonora state on May 16 and killed seven people, including five police officers whom officials believe were targeted for betraying an agreement with a drug cartel. Army troops and police then pursued the gunmen, identified as ''Zetas,'' former Mexican army elite soldiers, through rugged mountains and, according to Mexican authorities, killed 16.
    The incident followed a spate of shootings in southern Arizona in which gunmen trying to interdict drug loads killed illegal immigrants in the vehicles they had attempted to stop.
    The Cananea shootings were felt quickly in the towns and remote ranches straddling the Arizona-Mexico border.
    Some 35 miles west of Douglas, near the twin border cities of

Naco, 100 or more illegal immigrants daily cut across the San Jose Ranch owned by Jack Ladd and his son, John. The men said the violence around Cananea put a quick stop to the immigrant-foot traffic on the ranch, which stretches along more than 10 miles of the Mexican border.
    Jack Ladd said migrants apparently stayed holed up in staging areas in and around Naco for about a week, and John Ladd said he is convinced drug cartel-associated criminal activity has been ongoing in the area since July and now has engulfed migrants.
    ''They're running the people (illegal immigrants) now too,'' he said. ''Instead of the mom-and-pop taxi service out of Naco, Sonora, it's the cartel that's doing it,'' he said.
    ''They're associated with the drugs and the people, and it's big business. The thievery has escalated; they're stealing everything that isn't bolted down on the ranch.''
    Ladd said a Mexican rancher friend told him that cartel operators were behind the thefts and warned, '''Don't mess with them.''' He predicted a major incident along the border was just a matter of time.
    Others say Arizonans shouldn't worry that the violence will move north.
    ''It's ridiculous to think that there would be any spillover,'' said Douglas Mayor Ray Borane. ''There's no necessity for it.''
    As he sees it, the only way drug enforcers would venture into Arizona to take out a target would be if they were pursuing rival drug operatives or if they thought a hit would be easier on the American side.
    Douglas police chief Charles Austin said he has no intelligence to show that there is an immediate risk of the violence spreading, although there is that chance.
    ''It would be foolish not to acknowledge that it's a remote possibility,'' Austin said. ''At a time like this you remain sensitive to the added possibilities, but we've not gone to any kind of added staffing.''
    Several Douglas businessmen and merchants say there's no doubt that the shootings have adversely affected commerce, which is heavily reliant upon consumers from Mexico. And there's genuine concern that the violence will become an integral part of life in Agua Prieta, Mexico, Douglas' sister city - which many locals consider part of the same community.
    ''They're worried about the violence becoming endemic in Agua Prieta,'' said Douglas native Gerry Bohmfalk, who has a ranch on the border and owns Marlin's, a saddle shop and western outfitters store on the city's main shopping street.
    ''I've been over there since all this happened, and I can tell you, it's different,'' Bohmfalk said of being in Agua Prieta.
    ''It's changed; it's quieter. There's not as much hustle and bustle, and there's a lot of people looking over their shoulder,'' he said. ''It's something that is so palpable you can see it ... It's almost like there's a storm coming or something. People are just not moving around.''
    His business plunged 50 percent in the days after the Cananea shootings.
    Connie Whelan owns Paul's Jewelers in town and doesn't believe most Douglas residents are worried about a violence spillover.
    ''But people in Mexico who have lived there for years are afraid,'' she said.
    Using a common Spanish reference for those facing the choice, John Ladd said, '''Plomo o plata,' silver or bullets.''
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12