Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump: 'I'm the least racist person you will ever interview'

Trump: 'I'm the least racist person you will ever interview'

By Olivia Beavers
    01/14/18 07:49 PM EST

President Trump on Sunday pushed back on claims that he is a racist after facing immense scrutiny for reportedly describing several nations as "shithole countries" during a meeting with lawmakers last week.

“No. I’m not a racist. I’m the least racist person you will ever interview,” Trump told reporters while entering Trump International Golf Course, according to a White House pool report.

The president also reportedly doubled down on his denial that he never said the disparaging remark during the Oval Office meeting.

"Did you see what various senators in the room said about my comments? They were not made," Trump said.

Last week, the president faced widespread backlash after The Washington Post reported that Trump referred to immigrants from African nations, Haiti and El Salvador as people coming from "shithole countries."

The White House initially did not deny the comment.

Trump then tweeted on Friday that he did not say "anything derogatory about Haitians."

"Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said 'take them out.' Made up by Dems," he tweeted.

His remarks reportedly came as he met with lawmakers to strike a deal on immigration.

The senators in attendance appeared to have different takes on what the president's reported "shithole" remark.

Republican Sen. David Perdue (Ga.) told ABC News earlier in the day that Trump did not use the word “shithole,” insisting that it's a “gross misrepresentation” of what he said.

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), however, maintained that Trump said the remark even after the president denied saying such comments.

Trump on Sunday also told reporters that he wanted to reach a deal on Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, but accused Democrats of not wanting to make a deal.

"We are ready willing and able to make a deal on DACA, but I don’t think the Democrats want to make a deal. The folks from DACA should know the Democrats are the ones that aren’t going to make a deal," he said when asked whether they may be able to reach a deal.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...ever-interview
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

He's right!! He's stacked the deck HUUGE and they won't do it, because even as bad as DACA would be by itself, his deck of what he's asked for in return would stop illegal immigration into the US once and for all. The wall, more border agents, more ICE agents, more immigration prosecutors and judges, no chain migration, no visa lottery, visa tracking system, e-verify, no sanctuary cities, authorization of state and local law enforcement to help enforce US immigration law, green card reduction ....
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn