Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Trump suggest the military might build the border wall

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump suggest the military might build the border wall

March 25, 2018
    By Mark Moore

President Trump hinted in a tweet on Sunday that the military could be tasked with building a wall on the Mexican border after a $1.3 trillion spending bill failed to include the funds he sought to erect the structure.

“Because of the $700 & $716 Billion Dollars gotten to rebuild our Military, many jobs are created and our Military is again rich,” Trump wrote in a posting about the increase in military spending. “Building a great Border Wall, with drugs (poison) and enemy combatants pouring into our Country, is all about National Defense. Build WALL through M!”

But the 2,232-page spending plan, which Trump threatened to veto on Friday before changing his mind, came up short of providing the $25 billion the president wanted to build the wall – an oft-cited campaign pledge that also included the vow that Mexico would pay for it.

While the bill provided for $1.6 billion for wall construction, it severely limited the money to be used on shoring up parts of the existing barrier.

It also provides funds for new fencing, but prohibits a concrete barrier or construction of any of the prototypes Trump has considered.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer pointed out to Trump that the budget he signed last Friday doesn’t include money for a new wall.

“I remind the president, he did campaign on the wall, and guess who he said would pay for it? How about going to Mexico and getting them to pay for it, because this budget doesn’t allow American citizens to pay for it,” the New York Democrat said on Sunday.

Railing about the bill that passed the House and Senate last week and ended up on his desk for signature Friday, Trump declared: “I will never sign another bill like this again – I’m not going to do it again.”

Trump, who has said a wall is necessary to keep drugs and illegal immigrants from flowing over the border, suggested in his remarks that he would use the military to erect the barrier as part of a “national defense” strategy.

“I want to address the situation on border security, which I call national defense. I call it stopping drugs from pouring across our border. And I call it illegal immigration. It’s all of those things,” he said at the White House signing ceremony. “But national defense is a very important two words. Because by having a strong border system, including a wall, we are in a position, militarily, that is very advantageous. ”

Trump’s nod to military involvement is significant because among the omnibus bill’s military funding is $654.6 billion to continue the global fight against terrorism.

The president has been working with the US Army Corps of Engineers and the Department of Homeland Security to build the wall.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/25/trump-...e-border-wall/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The United States Army Corps of Engineers is a U.S. federal agency under the Department of Defense and a major Army command made up of some 37,000 civilian and military personnel, making it one of the world's largest public engineering, design, and construction management agencies.

Although generally associated with dams, canals and flood protection in the United States, USACE is involved in a wide range of public works throughout the world.

The Corps of Engineers provides outdoor recreation opportunities to the public, and provides 24% of U.S. hydropower capacity.

"PROTECT" OUR BORDER AGAINST THE FLOOD OF DRUGS, DISEASES AND ILLEGAL ALIENS THAT CONTINUE TO INVADE OUR COUNTRY 24/7 !!!!

GET THE WALL BUILT NOW!

THE COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF HAS THE FUNDS NOW GET IT EXPEDITED...UNDER BUDGET AND ON-TIME!

ISSUE THE ORDER AND GET THE BALL ROLLING!

DIVIDE THEM UP INTO 4 SECTORS AND SPREAD THEM OUT ALONG THE BORDER BUILDING THE WALL UNTIL ALL ENDS MEET
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

We need to build the wall and defend our borders against Mexico sending their drugs, diseases and illegal aliens from ALL over the world across the border.

They are also polluting and trashing our lands they illegal cross through and harming OUR environment.

Mexico also has Terrorist cells working with the Cartel. Mexico and their people cannot be trusted they are NOT our allies.

Stop detaining illegal aliens, stop catch and release. Process them upon apprehension and deport within 24 hours. Hand ALL minor's over into the care and custody of their government! No daycare centers for their minor children.

Now cut off all freebies including school, medical care, welfare and food stamps and FORCE them to self deport!

FINE EMPLOYERS AND HIT THEM HARD IN THE POCKETBOOK!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

There is a logic to that. The military is paid for whether they do anything or not. So having them help build the wall leaves more money to buy materials and outside contractors. It is sort of like having them train along the border rather than miles from it. The shear number of personnel would be a deterrent to illegals coming across the border!

MW
    Trump has said a lot of things that didn't actually materialize. For example, he promised to end DACA immediately after moving into the White House. He also said catch & release would be over if he was elected. There's more but those two items are enough to make my point. Blah, blah, blah, blah .......

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Related:

Trump threatens to have military build border wall if Pelosi, Schumer won’t budge

https://www.alipac.us/f12/trump-thre...4/#post1635582
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)