Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Trump threatens to shut down government to build border wall

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump threatens to shut down government to build border wall

Trump threatens to shut down government to build border wall

08/22/17 11:14 PM EDT

President Trump on Tuesday threatened to shut down the government, if necessary, to make sure his proposed wall at the Mexican border is approved and funded by lawmakers.

"Build that wall. Now the obstructionist Democrats would like us not to do it, but believe me if we have to close down our government, we're building that wall," Trump said Tuesday during a rally in Phoenix.

Funding for Trump's proposed border wall, a promise that was at the center of his 2016 presidential bid, is poised to be the center of debate this fall as Congress negotiates a new government funding bill.

If a new bill is not passed, the government will shut down on Oct. 1.

Democrats, however, are staunchly opposed to funding for the wall, setting up a challenge and tense negotiations over the government's funding.

The Department of Homeland Security accepted designs for the wall earlier this year. Vendors were instructed that the wall should be at least 18 feet high, have features to prevent climbing over and tunneling beneath the structure, and to make the designs "aesthetically pleasing" on the U.S. side.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...ld-border-wall

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sounds like he's serious to me. I hope it doesn't come to that, but it probably will.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

BUILD THE WALL...NO DEAL FOR DACA AMNESTY IN EXCHANGE! NO PATH TO STAY!!!

Deport them all...they have family in their countries.

People move all the time...they will adjust to their new surroundings.

Stop kicking this can down the road REWARDING criminal trespassers or it will never end!

NO HEART...GIVE THEM TOUGH LOVE TRUMP!!!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Up front, I never thought a wall would do much.

After being forced to vote against Bush's amnesty, the Republicans quickly jumped out there said we need to build a wall. They knew the people were stirred up, wanted illegal immigration stopped and illegals returned home. This is something they didn't want and couldn't do (and keep their monies and position.) - and unfortunately, most Republicans still do not want to do.

People were stirred up, feeling a little victory after forcing the vote against amnesty, and the Republicans knew they had to do something. So --'Let's build a wall.'. They did this knowing it probably would not get done (and it didn't) and if it did, it would not solve the problem. The solution would be to enforce the law, very simple. This would mean a serious curtailment of their campaign funds and other assorted monies.

If Pres. Trump can get a wall built, that's good. Unless and until we have interior enforcement, it will make little or no difference. Even if he made sure not one additional illegal came here - it wouldn't solve our problem. The problem is the 20-30 million (although they use 11 million, a figure they have been using for over 20 years) that are here and producing children at an alarming rate. These are the ones who are getting the jobs, taking the welfare, using the education system, getting college degrees, getting jobs in our legal system, our colleges, and political offices.

The Democrats we know, what we haven't admitted to ourselves is the Republicans are as opposed to a solution as the Democrats - maybe more so.

The idea, I think, is to continue putting out the fires of Americans desire for some solution, keep they at bay for a little longer, debate this and debate that - until it will no longer matter. They will be here in such numbers, with their children, in such places of power, it won't matter what we want. As if it ever did -------

In other words, we shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket. The wall will take time, enforcement can begin today. We hear about all those who are detained, I'm skeptical. We keep hearing how many are moving to Canada - I'm really skeptical.

We are going after criminals they say - there seems to be no desire, plan, effort to suggesting to all of them they return home. That's what we must have. A wall will not do that.

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)