Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

truth about protests in mar del plata

I was watching Anderson Cooper's coverage of the mar del plata riots on friday and became very enraged by what the Univision reporter had to say about why latin america was protesting bush. This reporter showed how ignorant and uneducated he was about South American history, politics, and culture. The people were not rioting because they felt that Bush had forgotten about them and/or had not paid attention to them. They were rioting because they did not want a terrorist/globalist cheap labor chaser in their country. South Americans are tired of Bush pushing his free trade agendas on them. These people are mostly educated and have seen what nafta did to Mexico. They voted against cafta and as far as the ftaa as well as the andean free trade proposal, there is no chance.

Bush and Fox were not prepared for the latin press at all. The latin american press did not care for Bush's mexi-spanish sucking up . Latin America is also disappointed with how the american media has portrayed them as still being uneducated, poor and mostly indigenous. They are tired of being called anachysts and/or communists by bush everytime they question latin american governments and/or stand up for what they believe in. They are tired of seeing countries like Mexico - who force their people to flee for work while not making education accessible to them-making all latin american nations look bad while telling all latin american leaders how they wish to unite them.

The media never seems to want to show the education achievements in south america as well as patriotic stories like that of Chile who stood up to communism and overthrew it and went from being backrupt to being the most successful country in latin america as well as a role model . No, the media also doesnt want to report that unlike mexico, south americans don't create racial issues. Mexicans have not only convinced themselves that every anglo-american is out to get them but they also make it known that not only do they hate whites but other latinos as well. Why, because the otm's as they like to call us, dont wish whitey to die, have no interest in hearing any of the seperatist latino rhetoric , and when protesting american policies, they at least let americans know that they don't hate them, they just hate Bush.

These so-called pro-latino(pro-mexican)activists truly represent the worst of latin americans and they are the cause of latino isolation and lack of self esteem. They focus on things that happened 150 years ago and keep their people from being successful by babying them(not encouraging english learning, having interpreters everywhere). All the lame excuses for not learning english truly make me sick. My father learned within 6 months. Why? Instead of watching telemundo in the evening we chose to watch english lesson videos. Of course back then, latinos had more pride and wanted to better themselves. My family also came here legally. I notice the illegals from Mexico think it is quite allright to use their kids as interpreters etc. Their kids lose interest in their studies due to mom and dad telling them how horrible americans were to mexicans, as well as how the same americans their child goes to school with stole the southwest from mexico(as if the classmate him/her self stole the land. Funny, every other latin nation seems to be in agreement that THE U.S.A. BOUGHT THE SOUTHWEST FROM MEXICO. Then again, in south america education is of the importance, not reconquista.

Excellent commentary sonali.

This reminds me of why Vietnam vets don't care for the press either. And they are still doing it with Iraq,

http://www.michellemalkin.com/ JIMMY MASSEY: A SLANDERER AND HIS MSM ENABLERS

Sorry, don't want to steal this thread. Thanks for the insight "sonali"

they at least let americans know that they don't hate them, they just hate Bush.
    I beg to differ. The American flag respresents ALL of the US, not just the president.

They are tired of being called anachysts and/or communists by bush
    I've never heard Bush call them anarchists and communists but if they don't want to be called such things, maybe they should change their protest attire. When you're waving the red and black flag and wearing a Che T-shirt, well, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... You know the rest.