Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Two minutemen members attacked in Rancho Cucamonga--5/1/2007

Minutemen were assaulted on May 1, 2007 at the Rancho Cucamonga day labor site. After months of phone calls and meetings - MMP recently learned - that
    the assailant - IS NOW IN STATE PRISON.

Facts of the Case

MAY 1, 2007: Flag Rally BEFORE THE ASSAULT
    Minutemen at the Claremont Flag Rally May 1, 2007

Minutemen at Claremont American Flag Rally

MAY 1, 2007 ASSAULT AT RANCHO CUCAMONGA DAY LABOR SITE

After the Claremont Flag Rally, Minutemen, on the spur of the moment, stopped by the Rancho Cucamonga day labor site to photograph code violations, such as the sign below, which is in need of repair.
    Sign in need of repair at the Rancho Cucamonga street hiring site photographed on May 1, 2007

The Minutemen intended to spend about 5 minutes photographing and were carrying American flags from the previous rally.
    As soon as they arrived on the public sidewalk, the man in the photo above - blue shirt center - approached the Minutemen. He said, "Go to your side of the street." He was standing among about 30 day laborers.

Then, he said to Herrera, "I know who you are." Raymond Herrera is the MMP National Rally Spokesman. And a combat war veteran. http://unitedstates.fm/ray.htm
    Photo of the assailant as he tried to grab Hvidston's camera

Robin Hvidston took his photo - as she snapped the photo, he reached for her camera. His hand went across the right side of her face as he tried to grab the camera, which she held behind her back.

He had alcohol on his breath.

The assailant, foreground blue shirt, walked back to join the day laborers - Herrera was calling 911

Hvidston yelled, "Call 911." At this point the man walked back toward the day laborers.

Herrera was speaking with the 911 operator and the man began to flip them off.

Photo of him flipping them off

Then he put a newspaper in front of his face.

He held the paper in front of his face as he approached - the second time

This is the last photo before the assault

Herrera was speaking with the 911 operator, on his cell phone. As Herrera turned away to check on Hvidston, the assailant struck Herrera directly on the left temple, shattering his $180.00 cell phone.

Herrera was momentarily incapacitated but remained standing.

Minutewoman Pounced Upon

Then the assailant wrestled Hvidston to the ground, as he battled her for the camera - full weight on top of her back (Hvidston was in jeans yet her knees were scraped up from the force of the assault on asphalt).

At this point, Herrera pulled the assailant off of Hvidston and shoved the assailant to the side.

Herrera turned his attention on Hvidston, at which time, the assailant delivered five "death blows" to Herrera's temple and forehead, from the blind side. Herrera was "dazed" but remained on his feet.

Hvidston yelled for help to passing cars, to no avail. Then ran into the nearby liquor store - telling the man behind the counter to dial 911, and she said, "There is an assault in your parking lot." He dialed 911.

POLICE ARRIVE

Several patrol cars arrived upon the scene - both Upland and Rancho Cucamonga police officers.

Upland Police and Rancho Cucamonga Police shut down the street and conducted a man hunt in an attempt to find the assailant but were unable to find him.

MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS

Herrera and Hvidston were examined at the San Antonio Community Hospital Emergency Room.

Herrera's diagnosis: Head Injury, Cervical Strain, Concussion

Hvidston's diagnosis: Neck and lower back strain

Bruises and bumps on Herrera's forehead - May 1 assault

ASSAILANT APPREHENDED - five days later
    May 6,2007: Above is a makeshift memorial at the Rancho Cucamonga Day Labor Site where the day laborer was killed in a car accident on May 5, 2007, during a protest which Minutemen did not attend.

On May 6, 2007, Herrera drove past the street hiring site as he had read in the newspaper about the day laborer killed in an auto accident at the site.

As he drove toward the site, Herrera saw the assailant standing among the 20 or so day laborers - near the makeshift memorial on the sidewalk where the day laborer had been killed on May 5, 2007.

The assailant had shaved off his beard, mustache and sideburns and had a new "clean cut" appearance.

A deputy was in his patrol car, stationed in the parking lot of the liquor store, observing the day laborer site.

Herrera approached the stationed deputy and told him that the assailant was on the sidewalk. Herrera had to persuade the officer to get out of his vehicle as the officer did not want to take action.

"Ah, they aren't bothering anybody," the deputy told Herrera.

Herrera finally declared, "I will make a citizen's arrest then!" The officer reluctantly got out of his vehicle.

Deputy questioned the assailant - the assailant is in the dark blue sweatshirt to the right of the officer

The deputy questioned the assailant - who became sassy - and the deputy called for backup.

THE ASSAILANT WAS A FELON ON PAROLE FOR ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON

The deputy who Herrera initially approached is in the foreground.

The three officers searching the assailant in the above photo had been called on scene by the deputy. They ran the check on the assailant and discovered he was on parole from state prison for assault with a deadly weapon. He was taken into custody.

RANCHO CUCAMONGA POLICE

Herrera visited the Rancho Cucamonga Police Department four days after the apprehension, on May 10, 2007.

He requested a police report. The report stated, after two days, the assailant had been released from jail.

Outraged, Herrera contacted the Rancho Cucamonga Police Chief, who scheduled a meeting with the watch commander.

The commander stated the assailant had been released from jail and merely charged with a misdemeanor and that the case had been referred to the district attorney. Furthermore, he downplayed the assault, as the original police report was inaccurate. And lacked the medical report and details of the assault.

Herrera presented a corrected and accurate report to the police department.

Herrera requested the name of the assailant but was informed that information could not be released until the investigation was completed.

Herrera visited the Rancho Cucamonga Police Department Weekly and spoke out at city council meetings about the assault - calling for justice!

For four months, Herrera visited Rancho Cucamonga Police, meeting with officers about the case.

During the four months, the district attorney would state they had not received information from the Rancho Cucamonga Police and the Rancho Cucamonga Police continually stated they had sent information to the District Attorney.

Herrera spoke out and denounced the assault from the pulpit at the Rancho Cucamonga City Council Meetings.

In July, Herrera learned the District Attorney intake had rejected the case. At that time, he learned the assailant's name: Alfredo Pacheco. Herrera also learned that Pacheco had previously committed a felony assault that had caused great bodily injury.

Herrera continued to pursue the case with the district attorney and Rancho Cucamonga Police Department.

A new police chief was appointed to the Rancho Cucamonga Police Department, October 2007:
    Joe Cusimano
    http://www.rcpolice.org/chief.htm

A NEW DETECTIVE, ASSIGNED TO THE CASE, called Herrera on NOVEMBER 8, 2007

On November 7, 2007 Minutemen and concerned citizens staged a MAYOR CLOSE THE DAY LABOR SITE Rally in front of the city council meeting and distributed flyers to every person attending the city council meeting.

In front of the city council meeting

The FOLLOWING DAY a newly assigned detective contacted Herrera with NEW INFORMATION.

MAYOR CLOSE THE DAY LABORER SITE rally in front of City Council Meeting
    The detective called Herrera and asked that Herrera meet with him.

ASSAILANT IS NOW IN STATE PRISON

The detective stated when the assailant Alfredo Pacheco's parole officer learned of his assault on Minutemen at the Rancho Cucamonga Day Labor site, he violated Pacheco's parole status, and the parole officer sent Pacheco back to state prison.

The detective said Pacheco had been in state prison previous to the Minuteman assault, for 2 1/2 years and was out on parole. NOW, because of his assault on Minutemen, he will serve the remainder of his 5 year sentence!

In addition, after the 5 year sentence, the new detective on the case stated the case will go forward and Pacheco will face the following charges for his assault at the Rancho Cucamonga Day Labor Site on Minutemen: felony assault with intent to commit great bodily injury, hate crime for an attack on American citizens, strong armed robbery for the attempt to steal the camera, and terrorist threats
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

I bet this backfires on them big time. Hurrah for Herrera and Hvidston!
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I met Raymond Herrera last Saturday at the March for America in Atlanta. Raymond flew from Las Vegas just to make our march and he impressed everybody there. He can put a lot of emotion in his words when he makes a speech. Raymond is a Viet Nam vet and a patriot through and through.

He said that he had been in construction in California in the 70's and 80's and how he was forced out of business by illegal competiotion. And this was in the 80's. What he went through 20 years ago, I am going through right now. He made me see my future in the construction industry here if we don't do something about it.
    And I live in South Carolina. Today I had one of my biggest jobs in the last 4 months, and on that job, out in the middle of Nowheresville, SC, there were 9 Hispanic laborers doing the stucco work and 5 Hispanic brick masons hard at work. I worked on that job for 14 hours ,so when you hear that the illegals work real hard, tell them that Americans work even harder when they do when they can find the work.

But getting back to Raymond, he is a very charismatic speaker and I encourage everyone to listen to his speech in Atlanta. In my book Raymond Herrera is a hero for what he has gone through.

Quote Originally Posted by loneprotester
    I met Raymond Herrera last Saturday at the March for America in Atlanta. Raymond flew from Las Vegas just to make our march and he impressed everybody there. He can put a lot of emotion in his words when he makes a speech. Raymond is a Viet Nam vet and a patriot through and through.

He said that he had been in construction in California in the 70's and 80's and how he was forced out of business by illegal competiotion. And this was in the 80's. What he went through 20 years ago, I am going through right now. He made me see my future in the construction industry here if we don't do something about it.
    And I live in South Carolina. Today I had one of my biggest jobs in the last 4 months, and on that job, out in the middle of Nowheresville, SC, there were 9 Hispanic laborers doing the stucco work and 5 Hispanic brick masons hard at work. I worked on that job for 14 hours ,so when you hear that the illegals work real hard, tell them that Americans work even harder when they do when they can find the work.

But getting back to Raymond, he is a very charismatic speaker and I encourage everyone to listen to his speech in Atlanta. In my book Raymond Herrera is a hero for what he has gone through.
    I agree w/you on this LoneProtestor. Raymond Herrera is an ex-marine and a real, first class american patriot.

I hope things are looking up for you LP. Here's a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada