Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Two Pitt brothers hit, killed

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Two Pitt brothers hit, killed

From the Greenville, NC, Reflector, two teenage brothers killed while walking in the median along busy highway.

http://www.reflector.com/local/conte...904GDRhit.html

A records check shows Cruz had his driver's license suspended within the last month for driving while impaired.
    Will this madness never end

Search Site/Web enhanced by

News | Sports | Money | Look | Go!Family | Mixer | Classifieds | Weather
    ADVERTISEMENT

Two Pitt brothers hit, killed

By Ginger Livingston, The Daily Reflector

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Two Pitt County brothers are dead after being hit by a car while they walked along U.S. 264 Bypass on Saturday afternoon.

An occupant of the car is being sought because he ran away from the scene.

It is believed alcohol was a factor in the accident, law enforcement officials said.

Travis Swinley, 16, and Eric Swinley, 14, residents of Old River Road, died at the scene after been hit by a 1994 Grand Marquis. The elder brother was a junior at North Pitt High School, said Deborah Long, Pitt County Schools spokeswoman.

The younger brother was attending school in another district, she said.

The State Highway Patrol is searching for Marcos Cruz, 20, of Winterville. According to witnesses, Cruz, a Hispanic male who is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs about 200 pounds, was the man who ran from the scene.

The Swinley brothers were walking along the highway's center median, several hundred feet from the overpass where Old River Road crosses U.S. 264.

Witnesses said the Grand Marquis, which was traveling east, swerved into the median and struck the brothers, trooper Jason Brown said.

The Marquis stopped, along with several other vehicles, witnesses said.

"I saw a car run off the side of the road, and I hit the brakes because I thought he was going to hit us," said a Pinetops man who declined to give his name.

He and a companion were traveling west on the highway and stopped to assist.

"I said, ‘Damn, he fell asleep,' � the older man said, who declined to give his name.

The older man said he tried to stop traffic as his friend called for help and went to assist the teenagers. The older man said he watched as one man got out of the Marquis, walked up to his friend, stared at one of the bodies, and turned and walked away.

Brown said other witnesses at the scene saw a Hispanic male running from the scene and chased him up an embankment to Old River Road. The Hispanic man flagged down a car, got in and drove away, Brown said.

Another Hispanic man, who Brown would not identify, stayed with the Marquis.

The man gave conflicting statements to troopers, at first saying he was the

passenger, then saying he was the driver. He later said he was the passenger, Brown said.

When a case of Corona beer was found in the vehicle, including some that had been opened, the man was given a blood test to determine his blood alcohol level. Brown said the man was "extremely intoxicated."

A records check shows Cruz had his driver's license suspended within the last month for driving while impaired.

This is the second vehicular accident in nine days to claim a Pitt County high schooler.

On Aug. 26, Robert "Bo" Thompson, 16, was killed when the Ford Explorer he was a passenger in flipped and struck a utility pole.

Long said a crisis counseling team will be a North Pitt on Tuesday to meet with students and faculty. Pitt County Schools are off Monday due to the Labor Day holiday.

"We were shocked last weekend, and for this to happen again this weekend, it is extremely shocking and extremely unusual," Long said.

Brown said individuals with information about Cruz's location are asked to call the Highway Patrol at 1-800-441-6127.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Did it say that this guy was undocumented? I missed it if it did. You can't assume that every Hispanic is here illegally: that's what our enemy WANTS us to do.

Cruz, a Hispanic male who is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs about 200 pounds, was the man who ran from the scene.
    He couldn't have run off too fast, fat little bastard.

nhantimassredrebel
    as of yet no one has said he is illegal. That still remains to be seen. Object is another (2) Americans have been killed by some one from another country who has JUST had ANOTHER DWI and is still in th USA driving.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This article has been sent to the office of Sue Myrick.

No, I totally agree that the guy should go to jail for life (double homicide/manslaughter depending on the laws of the state). I didn't read that he was a foreign national either. I just read that he was Hispanic.

I'm not saying that he should be given a break in any way. I hope he gets killed in prison. I'm just saying that it's wrong to assume that all Hispanics are here illegally.

Statistically, he probably was illegal. But it still just can't be assumed. That's my point. If he is illegal, he should get the death penalty. Then we could watch Fox defend this scumbag and make a fool out of himself for justifying why he should remain in America after doing this, because Mexico doesn't have the death penalty.

I wonder if authorities ever found Marcos Cruz or if he made it back to Mexico to escape justice?

Authorities Still Looking for Suspect in Hit and Run

Pitt County authorities are still searching for a man they believe hit two teenage boys in his car and then left the scene Saturday afternoon.
    Highway Patrol troopers are looking for 20-year-old Marcos Cruz of Winterville. Authorities say Cruz crossed the median on U.S. 264 and hit two brothers, 16-year-old Travis Swinley and his 14-year-old brother Eric, killing them.
    Troopers say Cruz had stopped after hitting the boys, but ran from the scene on foot. Another man in the car stayed on the scene, but it's unclear who was driving at the time.
    Troopers say alcohol was likely a factor because beer was found in the car and that the man who stayed behind was extremely intoxicated.

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/1814767.html

MW
    I'm still waiting to see something that identifies the guy as an illegal alien and not an American citizen.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's a 2005 article. Right?
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    It's a 2005 article. Right?
    Thanks, Judy. I didn't notice the date when I commented.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn