Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Two Yrs Later, Little Achieved on Immigration

Two years later, little achieved on immigration

By Michael H. Samuels

Thursday, October 16, 2008

With two of Suffolk County’s most controversial immigration laws bogged down in the courts, advocates and members of the Legislature say County Executive Steve Levy’s policies have failed to drive illegals from the county.

“I would call his policies nothing more than fraud,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]“We need immigrant workers regardless of their status,â€
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Does the word bias come to mind? The majority of comments are from the pro-OBL nuts. There is nothing objective about this article. And thank you for the url for the writer, as I will give him a lecture about presenting both sides of an issue before publishing garbage.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I thought twice about posting this, but we need to see the garbage too.

My treatise and journalism lesson to Mr. Samuels:
    Mr. Samuels:
    While reading your article about immigration, I, as a journalist for many years, have found the article to be totally a piece of political slant.
    While I may forgive you if the political slant is stuffed down your throat by the upper eschelon of the organization, as has been done to me a few times, you must realize that the first few paragraphs of the story are most important as very few readers get to the end. Those first few are not objective reporting. Please think about showing balance in those first paragraphs and do not expend energy trying to bury the point of the other side of the disagreement you are writing about.