Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX: 40 Brazilians arrested at border checkpoint

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/ ... 09693.html

40 Brazilians arrested at border checkpoint

Web Posted: 02/19/2007 10:51 PM CST

Express-News

A truck carrying 40 undocumented Brazilian immigrants made it as far as Falfurrias over the weekend before Border Patrol agents discovered them.

The agency said the tractor-trailer stopped for an inspection Sunday at the Border Patrol checkpoint south of Falfurrias on U.S. 281, some 70 miles north of the border, when the driver began fidgeting nervously as a dog sniffed the truck.

Extreme heat emanated from the trailer's windowless compartment after agents opened the back doors, the agency said. But all 40 migrants were apparently uninjured, and all declined medical help, agents said.

The immigrants were arrested and will be set up for deportation. The unidentified driver, listed as a U.S. citizen from Weslaco, was charged with smuggling.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good that bunch wasn't caught and released.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Deport them now

While I am happy they got caught, I really am wondering how much this perpetual nightmare of catch, roundup, jail, hospitalization and deportation is costing us and why the governments of these countries are not held financially responsible in some way. As for Mexico, I think the US should cut off ALL FINANCIAL AID since we are bearing the lions share of its citizens and burdens.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Banned
    I heard that when Bush was told that 40 Brazilian nationals were found hiding in a truck crossing the border, he asked how huge the truck was and wondered aloud how many was in a brazillion...

So sorry you traveled so far. SEE YA!!!! I hope DEPORTATION IS SOMETHING YOU WILL ALWAYS CHERISH ABOUT YOUR TRIP.
    Illegally entering the country is a NO-NO.