Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: TX - Border Network to fight deportation of man detained after traffic stop

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX - Border Network to fight deportation of man detained after traffic stop

by Jesse Martinez Monday, March 20th 2017

Jesus Vasquez speaks at an event on March 20, 2017. The Border Network For Human Rights is fighting Vasquez’s deportation after he was detained by state troopers earlier this month. Credit: KFOX14 / CBS4

EL PASO, Texas (KFOX14) — The Border Network For Human Rights is filing a lawsuit in the case of a local man who is fighting deportation.

Jesus Vasquez was pulled over by Texas Department of Public Safety troopers earlier this month on Greg Street near Mountain View High School.

The agency said Vasquez, 22, was pulled over for having windows that were too darkly tinted, but it was later determined Vasquez didn’t have a driver’s license.

Border Patrol agents were called in to assist, and they detained Vasquez for violating immigration laws.

Vasquez was later released from detention and is scheduled for deportation proceedings.

The Border Network for Human Rights announced it will be filing a civil rights lawsuit on behalf of Vasquez to fight his deportation.

"The traffic violation should have resulted in the issuing of a citation in a court setting. Rather, it resulted in an unlawful search of his vehicle and resulted in what they perceive to be proof of foreign nationality and therefore a call to the Border Patrol,” said Carlos Spector, Vasquez's attorney.

Spector says they are waiting for a hearing to be scheduled. He said as of right now, Vasquez gets to stay in the country and cannot be deported.

Although the Border Network For Human Rights calls Vasquez a "dreamer," in reference to the Dream Act, which would grant immigrants such as him lawful status, he doesn’t meet the requirements.

Family and friends said Vasquez dropped out of school in 10th grade, and records show he was arrested in 2014 on charges of failure to attend school.

http://kfoxtv.com/news/local/border-...r-traffic-stop
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Fly a Judge down there and deport him tomorrow.

GET HIM OUT NOW.
    Last edited by Judy; 03-21-2017 at 12:54 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Get rid of him, ship him back to where ever he came from.

You are in violation of immigration laws and should not be allowed to see a judge
    Last edited by lorrie; 03-21-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Fly a Judge down there and deport him tomorrow.

GET HIM OUT NOW.
    DO IT BY SKYPE...THEN DEPORT HIM.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

This "I'm special" crap has got to stop! If an American gets caught driving with no license it's jail time. When you get booked they look at your criminal record... PERIOD. This guy would have been picked up any way you look at it, he has no legal recourse. EVERYTHING about his life is illegal, everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    DO IT BY SKYPE...THEN DEPORT HIM.
    Great idea, Beezer!!! SKYPE AND DEPORT! SKYPE AND DEPORT!!! SKYPE AND DEPORT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nomas View Post
    This "I'm special" crap has got to stop! If an American gets caught driving with no license it's jail time. When you get booked they look at your criminal record... PERIOD. This guy would have been picked up any way you look at it, he has no legal recourse. EVERYTHING about his life is illegal, everything.
    Trust me Nomas..... I have been there myself.

Not only did I get arrested (more than once) for having either an expired or suspended license, but
    the police also impounded my car every time.

MW
    Vasquez was later released from detention and is scheduled for deportation proceedings.
    Okay folks, what am I missing here? Maybe I misunderstood or misheard, but I could have swore I heard Trump say the day of catch & release was over. If that's true, how come I keep hearing about these continuous releases? I expect our President to say what he means and mean what he says! Over the last week or so, I've heard of several illegals being released pending a court date.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The Catch and Release program that Trump ended is the Catch and Release Border Policy on the border or within close proximity of the border. There is another release policy for the interior that is determined by the immigration courts who set bonds and so forth pending a Deportation Hearing. It's very understandable that it's confusing. Here's the contents of the EO that addressed border agents "Catch and Release".

What's in Trump's executive orders on immigration

By Nolan D. McCaskill
    01/25/17 06:29 PM EST

President Donald Trump announced two executive orders he signed Wednesday, pledging in a speech at the Department of Homeland Security that his national security agency will save lives and enforce laws.

“For too long your office’s agents haven’t been allowed to properly do their jobs,” Trump said. “You know that, right? Do you know that? Absolutely. But that’s all about to change.”

The key components of the executive orders that Trump maintained “will save thousands of lives, millions of jobs and billions and billions of dollars” call for:

Securing the southern U.S. border “through immediate construction of a physical wall” to stop illegal immigration, the flow of drugs, human trafficking and acts of terrorism
    Detaining “individuals apprehended on suspicions of” law breaking and expedition of claims of their eligibility to stay in the U.S.
    Swift deportation of “individuals whose legal claims to remain in the United States have been lawfully rejected”
    DHS Secretary John Kelly to “take all appropriate steps to immediately plan, design and construct” the wall
    Projections for “long-term funding requirements,” including the preparation of congressional budget requests for current and future fiscal years
    Completion of a “comprehensive study” of the southern border’s security to completed within the next 180 days
    Construction and operation of detention facilities at or near the border
    Termination of the catch-and-release border policy, a directive to Border Patrol agents not to arrest and deport illegal immigrants
    Repatriation of immigrants who have been deported
    The hiring of 5,000 Border Patrol officers and the tripling of the number of ICE officers
    A report of “Federal aid or assistance” to the Mexican government over the past five years to be completed within 30 days
    Termination of “the abuse of parole and asylum provisions currently used to prevent the lawful removal of removable aliens”
    A public monthly report “on aliens apprehended at or near the southern border”
    Crackdown on so-called sanctuary cities, locales that don’t prosecute immigrants for living in the country illegally
    Denial of federal funds to “jurisdictions that fail to comply with” federal law, unless deemed necessary
    “Prompt removal” of immigrants who have been ordered to leave the country
    A DHS office whose aim is to support “victims of crime committed by removable aliens and the family members of such victims”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...e-order-234177

Why did he drop out of high school?

So the American people can pay his welfare benefits for the next 65 years?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast