Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX: Congressman Cuellar Statement on Hartley disappearance

Statement on Hartley disappearance

Washington, Oct 5 - In response to the disappearance of David Hartley on Falcon Lake, Congressman Henry Cuellar released the following statement about his efforts:

“First and most importantly, I’d like to express my sympathies to the Hartley family.

I spoke to the Hartley family this morning to express my deepest regards and to inform them of my efforts in the search for David Hartley.

As Chairman of the US House Committee of Homeland Security Border, Maritime and Global Counterterrorism Subcommittee, I have reached out to all the federal agencies involved- Customs and Border Patrol, CBP Office of Air & Marine, the Coast Guard, Department of Homeland Security and the State Department. And I’ve been speaking to the local sheriff’s office.

Our Federal agents always do an admirable job, but more must be done, questions must be answered and David Hartley must be found.

Unfortunately, because the incident occurred in Mexican waters, the United States does not have jurisdictional authority; however we can and must continue to urge our Mexican counterparts to search for David Hartley. The U.S. Consulate General has requested authorization for U.S. law enforcement to assist in the search, but we are still awaiting the Mexican response. I have contacted the Mexican Embassy and urged them to move the case quickly.

As a lifelong Laredoan, border security is an issue that I have been working on for decades and that I take to heart on a very personal level. Two years ago, I authored legislation to require a mission analysis for search and rescue operations, migrant interdiction operations, and drug interdiction operations on the Rio Grande River-to determine the manpower and equipment the Coast Guard requires to be prepared to respond to just these types of incidents. In fact, the Coast Guard Reauthorization bill passed both chambers and will be signed by the White House this week.

The safety and security of our Texas communities are always my first priority. I am urging all federal government agencies involved and the Mexican government to find David Hartley and cooperate with state and local officials.â€

now listen to what Cuellar says in this video:

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=523009

"why is there no body and why is there no jet ski"

You don't need jurisdiction to search a lake in Mexico. You need some boats and passports. How ridiculous that Congresscritters are claiming Americans can't look for the body of an American in a lake in Mexico.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

judy actually you need permission from the mexican government since its technically on their side of the border

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    judy actually you need permission from the mexican government since its technically on their side of the border
    I see. I didn't realize Mexico had closed its border to the United States.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    I see. I didn't realize Mexico had closed its border to the United States.
    Only one way - U.S. to Mexico they want closed, Mexico to U.S. they encourage.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why doesn't Obama just pick up the phone and call his good pal to ask permission to enter into mexico to find one of our own..

Maybe they can chill over some beer

Re: TX: Congressman Cuellar Statement on Hartley disappearan

As a lifelong Laredoan, border security is an issue that I have been working on for decades and that I take to heart on a very personal level.

The safety and security of our Texas communities are always my first priority.
    Henry Cuellar is running for re-election in November. He has a very poor record on border security and supports amnesty. If he honestly took this on a personal level then he would have not voted for amnesty in the past.
    In fact, Numbers USA gives Cuellar an F.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/my/co ... rd/RECENT/
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

now listen to what Cuellar says in this video:

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=523009

"why is there no body and why is there no jet ski"
    Unlike the US government, mexican criminals are not stupdi, they get rid of evidence to avoid international "outrage" Wouldn't do to call mexico the bad guy, now would it? After all, they're "hard-working" drug cartels that dictate to their government.

They're pretty quick to scream when one of their is caught or shot, but then again mexicans hatred of "gringos" is oft-repeated by them.

Cuellar is of the same sick stamp.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

if they cartels dont want you finding something or someone,
    GUESS WHAT... your not going to find it.