Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX. Congressman Ortiz Testifies to House Committe on Immi.

Congressman Ortiz is in Harlingen, on the Texas/Mexico border. He is expected to testify before House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration and Border security. A local tv station's undercover investigation tapes will be hopefully played as part of his investigation.

"Ortiz hopes the video of the immigrants being released convinces those in Washington to provide funding for more agents, more technology and more detention centers."

See also http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-610.html for Ortiz' views on open borders.

http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=3023517
    HARLINGEN
    Ortiz Holds Immigration Hearing Today
    March 3, 2005, 05:20 PM CST
    Reported by April Norris

The undercover pictures captured by Action 4 News illustrated what many suspected - U.S. border patrol agents delivering illegal immigrants to a bus station.

Our investigation caught the attention of Congressman Solomon Ortiz. Now, he hopes it will catch the attention of a House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration and Border security.

Later on today, the story will be used as evidence during the hearing.

"We need to send a signal, we're building, we're constructing detention centers, we're putting more border patrolmen on the front lines and if you come across you're not going to be given your walking papers, you're going to be detained, that needs to be done," Ortiz said Wednesday from Washington.

During a month long investigation, Action 4 News watched as the agents dropped off illegal immigrants at the Valley Transit Bus station in Harlingen.

None of the immigrants have criminal records, but many come from Central and South American countries that support terrorism. Ortiz wants his colleagues to see first hand what border agents
    are being ordered to do.

"In fact I played it before to other members, they are just you now going wild, my god, we had no idea this was going on! So, this is hat we want to do, to explain to them, show the tapes, explain to them hat we have seen and tell them this is where I reside, these are the problems we've had."

Last month, the Deputy Homeland Security Secretary testified Al Qaeda believes one of the easiest ways into the united states is through the Mexican border.

The border patrol says it has no choice but to release immigrants because the detention centers are overcrowded.

"We are asking for at least six thousand more beds to house those that are coming across," the congressman said.

Ortiz hopes the video of the immigrants being released convinces those in Washington to provide funding for more agents, more technology and more detention centers.
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

TX. Congressman Ortiz Testifies to House Committe on Immi.

Congressman Ortiz is in Harlingen, on the Texas/Mexico border. He is expected to testify before House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration and Border security. A local tv station's undercover investigation tapes will be hopefully played as part of his investigation.

"Ortiz hopes the video of the immigrants being released convinces those in Washington to provide funding for more agents, more technology and more detention centers."

See also http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-610.html for Ortiz' views on open borders.

http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=3023517
    HARLINGEN
    Ortiz Holds Immigration Hearing Today
    March 3, 2005, 05:20 PM CST
    Reported by April Norris

The undercover pictures captured by Action 4 News illustrated what many suspected - U.S. border patrol agents delivering illegal immigrants to a bus station.

Our investigation caught the attention of Congressman Solomon Ortiz. Now, he hopes it will catch the attention of a House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration and Border security.

Later on today, the story will be used as evidence during the hearing.

"We need to send a signal, we're building, we're constructing detention centers, we're putting more border patrolmen on the front lines and if you come across you're not going to be given your walking papers, you're going to be detained, that needs to be done," Ortiz said Wednesday from Washington.

During a month long investigation, Action 4 News watched as the agents dropped off illegal immigrants at the Valley Transit Bus station in Harlingen.

None of the immigrants have criminal records, but many come from Central and South American countries that support terrorism. Ortiz wants his colleagues to see first hand what border agents
    are being ordered to do.

"In fact I played it before to other members, they are just you now going wild, my god, we had no idea this was going on! So, this is hat we want to do, to explain to them, show the tapes, explain to them hat we have seen and tell them this is where I reside, these are the problems we've had."

Last month, the Deputy Homeland Security Secretary testified Al Qaeda believes one of the easiest ways into the united states is through the Mexican border.

The border patrol says it has no choice but to release immigrants because the detention centers are overcrowded.

"We are asking for at least six thousand more beds to house those that are coming across," the congressman said.

Ortiz hopes the video of the immigrants being released convinces those in Washington to provide funding for more agents, more technology and more detention centers.
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

tx ortiz testifies to wh on immig

Good article. I thought we couldn't post any news today. Can we?
    Thanks.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

tx ortiz testifies to wh on immig

Good article. I thought we couldn't post any news today. Can we?
    Thanks.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's weird that alot of open borders Democrats are bashing Bush over his refusal to fully fund the 2,000 BP agent increase. I wonder if they are finally feeling the heat of losing their seats so maybe they are trying to use this to get back into power. Who knows? I don't care who fixes the border, as long as somebody does it, but I don't trust either party for sure.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's weird that alot of open borders Democrats are bashing Bush over his refusal to fully fund the 2,000 BP agent increase. I wonder if they are finally feeling the heat of losing their seats so maybe they are trying to use this to get back into power. Who knows? I don't care who fixes the border, as long as somebody does it, but I don't trust either party for sure.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    I don't recall where I read it but I seem to recall that Ortiz is a pretty upstanding fellow. And considering that he is Hispanic himself .. well, I wonder if the illegals want to call him "racist?"

Sheesh!

I don't recall where I read it but I seem to recall that Ortiz is a pretty upstanding fellow. And considering that he is Hispanic himself .. well, I wonder if the illegals want to call him "racist?"

Sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by watchman

Sheesh!
    Don't be fooled. Ortiz's immigration record career wise is an F-. Recently it's still an F. He's about as open borders as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by watchman

Sheesh!
    Don't be fooled. Ortiz's immigration record career wise is an F-. Recently it's still an F. He's about as open borders as you can get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast