Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

TX-Dewhurst says illegal immigrants can stay with I.D.

January 26, 2010
    Dewhurst says illegal immigrants can stay with I.D.

Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, unopposed in his Republican primary for re-election, was at the Houston Chronicle editorial board this week asking for an endorsement.

At one point, the discussion wandered from issues he controls in the Legislature to what he thinks the U.S. Congress should do about border enforcement and immigration.

Dewhurst said he believes first the U.S. Border Patrol needs to add 10,000 to 15,000 agents to secure the Texas border from human and drug traffickers, trans-national gangs and potential terrorists.

"I still have a security clearance," Dewhurst said. "The FBI and the CIA come in and brief me periodically on a number of different subjects including the makeup of people who cross the border. There's a large number of people who cross the border with passports from terrorist nations. From Iran. From Libya. From Syria. From other countries. It scares me."

Dewhurst said a lot of the nation's security and immigration and voting problems could be solved with an improved version of the Real I.D. Act.

"For the life of me I don't understand why Congress doesn't amend slightly the Real I.D. Act, require all the states to issue new driver's licenses. But the Real I.D. act says you can only issue them if you're a U.S. citizen. Issue them. Put on the back two thumb prints so you can't alter the front. Put on the back if you are a U.S. citizen: David Dewhurst born Houston, Texas, St. Josephs Hospital. Then, if you've got a green card, just put that down."

But Dewhurst said the new cards should also be given to all the illegal immigrants living in the United States.

"I'm not a big supporter of citizenship because the law, technically, was broken. Somebody wants to be a citizen, give them a visa, a three-year work visa or living visa or five years that they could renew each year as long as they pay their taxes and don't commit a crime. If they don't pay their taxes or commit a crime, you deport them and they can't walk back across the border because you've secured the border."

"Overnight you've taken a big step toward making America safer."

Three years. Five years. Renewed each year? Dewhurst kept talking so we never got that clarified.

"When Osama bin Laden comes out and he talks about he's going to hit America again and again, I believe him," Dewhurst said.

"All of a sudden you start to know who is here and you end voter fraud and the whole question about voter I.D. overnight."

"Everybody who's here gets a driver's license or even if don't drive, if they're here illegally it says for non-driving. Then on the back it says where they were born and what their status is."

I noted that many in the Republican Party would call this amnesty for illegal immigrants.

"I'm not calling it amnesty. I'm trying to be a realist. I'm not advocating citizenship for people who have broken the law. From a homeland security point of view, we're a heck of a lot smarter knowing who is here."

"By and large, I think the Republican Party in Texas would support something like this. It might take some time. It might take some explaining."

http://blogs.chron.com/texaspolitics/ar ... ays_i.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"By and large, I think the Republican Party in Texas would support something like this. It might take some time. It might take some explaining."

Well Dewhurst, it don't take no 'splainin' for me. Your position is clear. You are a dunce who's out of touch with the people. We won't be happy with flowery rhetoric and half measures. Let me make it clear to ya cupcake...ya listen to us or get the hell out of the way. How do ya like them apples?
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Oh that makes no sense whatsoever, and the document mills will see a surge in business. These people won't come out into the open, just like they don't bother with driver's licenses. And how do we really know that Juan is really not Mohammed, not born in Mexico but in Damascus.
    Somebody, ANYBODY, better run against this character who seems to have had too much fun chewing peyote leaves.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

damn can a lt governor be any more stupid than this?
    good grief. if he thinks lawbreakers are going to come out of the shaodows, hes got another thing coming. they are there for a reason.
    wake up david

Quote from Dewhurst:
    "For the life of me I don't understand why Congress doesn't amend slightly the Real I.D. Act, require all the states to issue new driver's licenses. But the Real I.D. act says you can only issue them if you're a U.S. citizen. Issue them. Put on the back two thumb prints so you can't alter the front. Put on the back if you are a U.S. citizen...."

Reply:
    I guess because there comes from reputable sources within the U.S. government the information that there already is an increasingly brisk cross Mexico/U.S. illegal border traffic using legal 30-day visas created especially to be issued only to specially certified bearers from the states of Texas and California*.

These visas, which are issued in Mexico through "cooperation between the our two countries", BEAR BOTH THE PHOTOGRAPH AND AT LEAST ONE FINGERPRINT of the intended authorized bearer, allowing him/her to enter within a very narrowly-defined geographic area of these two states for a 30-day period without presenting any other form of identification. However, we are told that these 30-day Visa Cards now are being 1) rented; 2) sold: 3) suspected of being issued to people who do not qualify for them by some corrupt personnel within the Mexican government responsible for issuing the visas; and 4) studied for duplication for sale "on the street" by members of what is called the "Mexican Mafia"..

Can you imagine the delight that would follow an announcement that we planned to "modify" U.S. Driver's Licenses along the lines of this already failed and suspectedly corrupted "30 Visa Program" which authorizes unreliable persons within the Mexican government to issue legal visas to enter the United States?

*I believe this "30 Day Visa Program" also may apply to at least one other state bordering Mexico. Knowledgeable resident(s) please correct this oversight if necessary.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)